**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Network Status?

David KempDavid Kemp Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
I have been unable to use my MiFi hotspot for several hours - when trying to connect to any website it redirects to "setup.4g.freedompop.com" that says "FreedomPop's network is currently experiencing a technical problem."

When I login to my freedompop account from a good internet connection it doesn't display any usage information - the MB used thermometer is completely gone, all it shows is my email address, earned free this month gauge, data plan and device. I'm pretty sure I haven't run out of data, the device is normally lightly used but my laptop might have been downloading huge updates overnight.

Is there a Freedompop status page to see whether there is really a system-wide problem or just a problem with my account? And if the whole network is down, when service might be restored?

Best Answer

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Kemp
    sound like-either you out of data, under 100mbs with auto top up disabled..

You device need to be reset, or a PRL and Profile update...

Or you need a admin or Customer service to do a simple refresh...

Admins wont be on till Monday morning, and customer service should be on right now..Give the CS a quick call and if you can't get threw-shoot me a @sign here and I throw a shout out to the admin..

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• David KempDavid Kemp Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    If the device is out of data, that would explain why it doesn't connect.

But that doesn't explain why when I log into my account the usage is completely missing. There should be a display showing 400 out of 500 MB used this month, instead there is nothing - no usage thermometer at all, and there are only 4 usage detail entries for the current period for 3MB, 1MB, 1MB, and 3MB.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Kemp
    Than you need a account refresh....Usually when plans. bars or anything is missing from your online account...the admins jump in and do there magic..

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /
    Can you guys take a quick peek

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Yes that was the issue. The CS person "worked his magic" (said my account was not suspended but he had to do something with it), I rebooted the device twice, and Internet service was restored. However 12 hours later the web site still isn't showing usage.
    My network access keeps disappearing every day. In the morning I try to use the MiFi, it gets a "technical error" page (setup.4g.freedompop.com/vcp.htm?SERIAL_NUMBER=xxx"). The "Contact Technical Support" link on that page goes to setup.4g.freedompop.com/contact.htm?macid=xxx), and the only information on that page is "get answers now" that tries to go to this forum at "http://forums.freedompop.com/", which of course does not work because the device won't connect to the rest of the Internet beyond setup.4g.freedompop.com.

So I call on the phone, wait half an hour, get a CS agent who fixes the account, and then I'll be able to use the MiFi that evening. Next morning the whole "technical error" thing starts over again.

Please fix my account again, and lock it into place so it won't keep getting broken every 24 hours.
    Update: The hotspot has been working for three days without problems, and usage info now shows up on the web page, so hopefully my account is fixed for now.