**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Data Not Working - Samsung Galaxy S3, Cyanogenmod

Aaron SwartzAaron Swartz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Cyanogenmod installed. I just got the unlimited everything service on 2/20. I can make a phone call, but mobile data isn't working. On the status screen I'm seeing Service State - In service, but the Mobile network state is Disconnected. I looked into solutions and found some information about changing the APN, but I can't find the right place to do it. I'm going to assume my problem is with Cyanogenmod, but I don't want to go back to the stock sprint OS.

Is it Cyanogenmod? If so, is there an easy way to get data working for me? If not, is there another image I could use that would get rid of all the bloatware apps off of the stock OS? Thanks.

Answers

• Larry WilberLarry Wilber Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Check out some of the port blocker programs. It seems if its letting VoIP thru then maybe thats where to look. I forget which one they told me to use. One of the admins suggested it. Its in the play store. My problem was a bit diffrent I have a GS3 that I couldn't activate on FreedomPop. I bought a MiFi from Walmart that uses Verizon's network. Verizon blocks VoIP and nothing this port scanner program could do was going to unblock that port.
  • Adam NibeckAdam Nibeck Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    It is not Cyanogenmod. You need to contact Freedompop and have them network refresh your device.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #4

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Cyanogenmod installed. I just got the unlimited everything service on 2/20. I can make a phone call, but mobile data isn't working. On the status screen I'm seeing Service State - In service, but the Mobile network state is Disconnected. I looked into solutions and found some information about changing the APN, but I can't find the right place to do it. I'm going to assume my problem is with Cyanogenmod, but I don't want to go back to the stock sprint OS.

Is it Cyanogenmod? If so, is there an easy way to get data working for me? If not, is there another image I could use that would get rid of all the bloatware apps off of the stock OS? Thanks.

You may have to go back to stock to update the phones PRL/Profile. Sometimes they do not put that into the ROM correctly. Do a Nandroid backup, install a stock based ROM for it, update the profile/PRL, then restore from backup the CM ROM. You do it right, you shouldn't lose anything.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adolfo Galvan @Aaron Swartz Hey guys, I got a copy of the official FP ROM on the SIII. I wouldn't recommend going Stock since I had issues when using it on an SIII to do something similar.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RMHaleRMHale Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Ali, what version of Android does FP_ROM_v0.9.zp give? I will need to also follow up with installing gapps correct?
    ______
    A true friend is one who thinks you’re a good egg even though you’re half-cracked.