4G on Windows with U600 stick-- no internet access

appleboy2appleboy2 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
So here's the deal.

After finally activating my U600 stick and installing the Sprint SmartView software, I run into a weird problem. When I switch to 4G, it tells me that I should click Connect to get a day pass. I've heard that's normal when you get a basic 500mb a month 4G only plan. No biggie. Then when it connects to the network, it says it's hooked, but my Windows status icon says it's limited and/or has no internet access. Where I get confused even more is that I can use the 3G mode, no problem, without my data usage on FP going up at all. And remember, this is a 4G only account, so what the heck is going on? I've been doing research that the 4G not connecting could be the result of outdated PRLs and profiles, but the Update Profiles button only appears when I'm using 3G (which again shouldn't even work!) I'm so confused. Someone help me out, please.

Best Answer

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @appleboy2 /
    what all have you tried? any type of troubleshooting? Attempt the profile and PRL update. Even if its on 3g only...also what does smartview say when your connected? does it say you have a connection? what happens when you surf the net?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• appleboy2appleboy2 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried updating the profile and PRL. Does nothing. When I connect to 4G, SV says it's connected, no problem, but windows tells me that it's limited. Try to load pages and it just tells me that the page couldn't be displayed.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #5
    Do you have the U600 or the U602, there have been reports of both showing up?

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /
    can you guys take a quick peek on the account side?
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

U600, for sure.
    any admins?

how much data do you have in your account? do you have more than 100mbs and auto top up enabled?

also please make sure your in a 4g wimax area?

click data here-and check wimax-not lte

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

I'm in a WiMax area, my entire city is covered in blue (FP coverage map). I have 500mb in my account, haven't used any, and auto top-up is turned off.
    Come to think of it, the 3G I'm using right now might be part of that Day Pass thing, but I'm not sure. If it sounds like what it is, then I'm getting unlimited free 3G data. It hasn't been 24 hours since I connected first to 3G, so only time will tell about that.
    keep us posted

And I've definitely used more than 500mb of data, I've used at least 1GB with Youtube.
    appleboy2 said:

Come to think of it, the 3G I'm using right now might be part of that Day Pass thing, but I'm not sure. If it sounds like what it is, then I'm getting unlimited free 3G data. It hasn't been 24 hours since I connected first to 3G, so only time will tell about that.

what is the day pass?-I don't think the u600 has a day pass?

these device don't come with unlimited data, and the plans can be very pricey.

can you please go online and verify the plan your on?

is it possible, you are connected to wifi, instead of the u600? you can't use both at the sametime...I know wifi company have day passes?

here is a list of the plans for the U600/602

b.png 44.5K

Sure enough, I'm on the 4G only 500mb free plan. I'm also completely positive that my WiFi adapter's turned off and I'm not connected to Ethernet. It's on 3G, a quick test from Ookla tells me my provider is Sprint PCS. Not a single mb has been used, according to FP.
    Maybe you opted for the free Trail when you signed up? Comes with 2gb of free 3g/4g and premier service plan? total savings of 30$....???

if this is the case, take a quick peek online and make sure you have more than 100mbs left. Don't forget to downgrade before the end of the month-Or you'll be charged..

I created a post sometime back-for people that activated a u600 retail...it just showed how to activate and keep it 100% free. You might have done the total Opposite and kept the trial..take a quick peek...

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6061/complete-steps-to-a-free-activation-and-basic-activation-freedompop-u600-usb-vendor-purchase#latest

also go online and verfy data..might find the issue there?

Checked and checked again, I have absolutely nothing extra, no trials, just the basic plan. My data meter is still at 0mb used and I have 500mb left. But really, the 3G isn't much of a problem, what IS a problem is that I can't get the 4G to work.
    Ok was unaware that you had 500mbs left...Thanks for the information.

and if you have no extras...no trails...just the basic free plan, and your on the net, your using 4g,,,not sure why it says 3g....because with this plan 3g is not included?

you also mentioned your data meter is at 0mbs, but you said
    I've definitely used more than 500mb of data, I've used at least 1GB with Youtube.
    (reason I thought maybe you had the 2gb trial)

something is off--on the account side

here is the user guide
    http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/sprint_smartview/pdfs/SSVUserGuideWindows2.61.0038.pdf

and here is some troubleshooting you might try

http://support.sprint.com/support/device/sprint/sprint_3g4g_usb_u600-dvc2220011prd

We;ll have to wait for the admins,,,,take a peek at the stuff above, might get lucky and find your issue....why the device shows 3g when you are on a 4g only plan?

any admins?

Have absolutely no idea. Speed tests show that it is indeed a 3G connection considering the speeds, but 4G should work too. What I mean by "I've used more than 1GB" is that I've been on 3G watching videos and really using the data but my usage meter hasn't flinched from 0mb.
    Yea that is not a good thing....might be a major glitch in the system...

Any admins

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS

If all else fails, I have no problem using a 3G connection.
    if you decide to do another test...let me know what speeds your getting...I am just curious?

I get around 2.5 MBPS on this connection.
    That sounds about right for 4g wimax? 3g is usually around 1.5 to .5

Not quite... that's about 3G but 4G WiMax should be 10 or more.
    In fact, WiMax is intended to deliver 30 to 40 mbps in speed