**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Setting up MiFi 4082 (3G/4G) - Only shows landing page on 3G

Tom MoTom Mo Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I was hoping this would have been simple but it looks like, through reading this forum, that going through this process is mandatory to getting this to work :).

I have a refurbished 4082, I am on the FreedomPop Premier plan, I have a solid green and bars for 3G, I tried updating the PPL (or what ever it is called) and Profile (both seem to have completed successfully), multiple restarts with at least 1-2 resets, reran the wizard. Always the same result, only can get to the landing page not the internet.

Besides requesting and RMA and returning this, is there something I have not tried or am missing?

Thanks!!!

-Tom

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Mo
    Check your coverage area? make sure your in a 4g Wimax area...see Link

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

make sure to click data, not phone-and 4g Wimax, not LTE....

let me know if you are in a great 4g Wimax area?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Tom MoTom Mo Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    njfulwider5, thanks for the quick response!

I am in Detroit, MI. If I select Data and Sprint 4G(WiMax) it shows all Purple-Sprint 3G&More. Matter of fact there is very little Red-Sprint 4G(WiMax) in the State of MI.

What does that tell be about my options?

I thought it should work on 3G?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Mo
    On the hotspost plans free 500 is only 4g, you have to pay 3.99 for the Pro plan and that is only 500mbs of 3g/4g(unless you have freedom friends too)

are you on a bigger plan than the free plan?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I just signed up and according to my account it shows "My Data Plan" as "Free 500MB MB/Month" and for "My Services" is shows "FreedomPop Premier @9.99" plan.

So my understanding is that I would have to add $3.99/mth to be able to access 3G? Correct?

I could then drop the "FreedomPop Premier" plan unless I wanted to be able to rollover data up to 20GB from the 500mb/mth unused? Is that correct?

I goal is to have this a backup when I am not in wifi and should be able to live within the 500mb (for emails etc.). The rollover would be nice to have.

I must say, they have some of the most confusing options or maybe it is just me :)

Thanks again!

@Tom Mo
    sometimes they can be confusing...But the good thing is your asking, instead of just doing. Can be a big help when you not that familiar with freedompop...

here is what I would do....Drop premier.....add roll over and pro 3g/4g....Not certain of the cost, but it should be around 7-8$ total..

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /

maybe if one of you guys are around, you can help him set up his account with this..

the Roll over should be in Service plans, along with the premier, your going to downgrade..

Thanks for the hints.

I downgraded to Pro 500MB (4G/3G) $3.99 and rollover #3.99. I reset, rebooted, Updated PRL, Updated Profile, re-rebooted, wizard and.... mifi.mlp. I only ever see that page. In the upper right the icons on the page shows a rotating 3G icon and a Connected icon with full bars.

I've tried several other mifi devices (that where lent to me) took a max of about 5 minutes. This can't' be that hard?

Any other suggests?

@Jorge M?
    Could be the account?

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /

any admins can you take a quick peek

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Mo I have personally been to Detroit on a few occasions and mainly in the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights area. I had solid WiMAX everywhere!

I would suggest going to an area with WiMAX and getting that PRL and Profile updated there. Then you will get service working again.

The landing page issue really means your device hasn't been properly activated which again gets fixed by the update :-)
  • Daniel R SilvaDaniel R Silva Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I got same issue with my BB Q5, with Apple devices there is no more landing pages