**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Issue with FreedomPop Wifi Hotspot

sethamsetham Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I activated the service for FreedomPop Wifi Hotspot but every time I try to activate it I got an error that says "Unable to connect to the data network, turning off the Hotspot. Your plan may not have the Hotspot service, please contact your phone company"

I can make calls, send text messages and access Internet using 4G (WiFi off) so I do know there is not a connectivity issue but something with the phone or the service at Freedompop end.

I called Freedompop and I as asked to reset the phone (##786# and a code they provided) but the issue persists, they escalated the request but the answer today was to refund what I paid so far for the service without further information.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @setham It could be since the hotspot app did not recognize you were subscribed to the hotspot plan! You should remove it from your phone and add it via the app.
  • @setham Since your issue was escalated you will be receiving an email from our Dev team. Please standby.
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • sethamsetham Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali I think we are getting some place here, I was told to activate HotSpot in the Phone (@settings), I do not have installed any Hotspot App, I searched and did not find any HotSpot app from Freedompop.

Thanks
  • sethamsetham Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, I just wanted to share Freedompop answer, really disappointing
    We want to reach out and notify you regarding your Dev escalation ticket.

Victory devices sold before November 2014 have issues connecting to the hotspot feature.
    :
  • Tracy L BozemanTracy L Bozeman Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem here.there is no wifi hotspot app in google apps either.really tired and want solutions..help fix our samsung victory phones or find another way fir us to hotspot