Does Google Voice Light work on Freedompop?

Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
Google has a 'toned down' version of Voice which doesn't require porting a phone number to google voice (or registering for a new one.) It doesn't have all of the fancy features but it has enough that I would consider using it.

Part of the functionality requires call forwarding. Would GV Light work on freedompop?

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen is the fellow pro I like to chat with when I have questions like this...I just sent him a quick shout out for you

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gregory Vernon I personally used GV light with my phone and I have to say it's been pretty good with FreedomPop. Just be advised they won't be able to text a verification code so they'll have to call it in.
  • Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    @Ali Are there any features that are unsupported with FreedomPop? E.g., are you able to use Google's voicemail features (like transcription?)
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Gregory Vernon I personally used GV light with my phone and I have to say it's been pretty good with FreedomPop. Just be advised they won't be able to text a verification code so they'll have to call it in.

Ali, were you able to get voicemail to work with GV Lite? If so, how? When I try to add voicemail to my FreedomPop number, it simply says "Your carrier: BANDWIDTH_US (Not supported)"...
  • kalimarkkalimark Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    dizzie said:

Ali said:

Ali, were you able to get voicemail to work with GV Lite? If so, how? When I try to add voicemail to my FreedomPop number, it simply says "Your carrier: BANDWIDTH_US (Not supported)"...
    I believe FreedomPop does not have any conditional forwarding to make Google Lite (Voicemail with you Mobile number) or any 3rd party voicemail work - therefore I am unaware there is a possibility to make it work at all. Ali may know something else... or maybe he was smoking something else... :)

• Jean MillerJean Miller Posts: 140FreedomPop Newbie
    Isn't there a way to prevent google voice calls from going to your forwarding numbers' voicemail?

Honestly this is why I just like using Hangouts by itself unless you have an android with unlimited regular talk and text.
    I like me deals and free stuff. Thx, peeps