**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone function constantly stops working.

Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
This is something that happens quite often with this phone. I will get a call from someone one my home or work phone or someone will send me a text telling me that they are trying to call but I don't answer. The truth is the phone didn't ring. When I go to investigate the issue, I find I can no longer call out. Then I go through the motions of reconfiguring FP and restarting the phone, which usually works, except for this last time. There was an update pushed out a couple of days ago and when it installed the phone stopped working. I tried doing what I always do, reconfigure FP, yada, yada, and this time I actually had to uninstall the update to get the phone function to work again. I have to say, this is a great little computer but the phone function sucks. Unfortunately, it was the only phone that FP offered when I signed up 6 months ago. The phone function has stopped working more than a dozen times. I asked for a new phone but that went on def ears. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this from happening I would be eternally grateful. Has worked now for about three days, fingers crossed.

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton
    Is this a FreedomPop branded phone? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the phone app? You can also try going to Settings->More->Application Manager then find the Freedom Pop phone app and Force Stop and Clear Cache. If you clear data you will need to reconfigure the app so avoid that.
  • Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    djinks, this is a FreedomPop branded phone and they do not allow their installed programs to be uninstalled. No button for that. That is the big problem, I find my self going through the motions of clearing cash, forcing stop and reconfiguring and I am just tired of it. I shouldn't have to keep doing this over and over again. It stopped working again today. Such a pain.
  • LaurensphoneLaurensphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Having the same problems since last August. I spend hours on it every couple of weeks just hoping it will be updated to a point where I can use it. I only paid $80 for the phone, but that's $80 I would have preferred to have kept.
  • Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Lauren. That helps to validate my claim. I've had a pretty good couple of weeks now without any problems. I did however have to uninstall the last Messaging App upgrade, but I have to say, it's been working ever since.
    I have a feeling that FreedomPop does not put enough effort into comprehensive testing before they release their updates. It seems pretty obvious to me. I think that Samsung could have done better job to integrate the phone's memory and the SD card. Why is it that something so simple is so often overlooked?