Any suggestions for troubleshooting wifi calling?

te374te374 Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
edited March 2015 in ZTE Force (Phone) #1
I have a ZTE force and everything is working great except wifi calling on my home wifi network. When I dial the number the phone does not even ring. Here is a brief overview of my situation:
  • I can make wifi calls on other home wireless networks
  • I thought it could be router setting issue, so I have tried two routers and tried every possible setting.
  • I'm beginning to think the issue could be with my ISP (DSL) provider. I called and they confirmed they do not block any ports.
  • The other home wireless networks I've tried this on have a different ISP (cable).
  • I've tried about every voip related setting in the Freedompop messaging app.
Any suggestions for troubleshooting further? The phone is great otherwise, but unless I can make calls from home I won't be able to use it as my primary one.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @te374 just to confirm you are able to make calls on other wifi networks except the one in your home?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered connecting a VPN? Also are your UDP/TCP ports open?
  • te374te374 Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    LolaBee said:

Hello @te374 just to confirm you are able to make calls on other wifi networks except the one in your home?

Correct.
  • te374te374 Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

Have you considered connecting a VPN? Also are your UDP/TCP ports open?

Thank you.

I haven't tried a VPN yet. I have tried two routers (one Belkin and one Netgear) and confirmed both were not blocking any ports. On each router I have removed NAT security and disabled SIP ALG.

When I make a call and tap the info button it says "[CALLING] t: Call time 00h:00m:00s, : 1st res in 0 ms, conn in 0ms.

It seems there should be some way to view logs find out where the error is occurring.
  • skittlesskittles Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    it could be just the phone blocking it from going through have you tryed on another phone yet