**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

3G/4G Service

Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I live in Long Island NY and the service map shows 4G/3G coverage all over the island with no gaps in my area. My phone works great on WiFi but 3G is poor and the phone never finds 4G service. I ran all updates posted on these forums and changed the default Mobile Network settings to include LTE. Why is my service so poor? The phone just arrived yesterday. It looks brand new so I was thrilled with that bu service seems to be an issue.

Answers

• Hello @Carl Falcone you account ICCID has been updated, please perform a PRL update on the device.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    OK I will thanks. Will let you know how it goes.
    Thank you for your assistance however it has had no impact on my service. My phone simply doesn't find a 4G signal. If I keep it on CDMA/LTE it is unusable. I keep it on CDMA and it is better but the phone will go from full bars to no bars even though I have not moved. Signal is good on home wifi but public wifi is poor even if phone shows a good signal. In addition the battery does not last more than 5-6 hours and that is with no use. I was hoping to move to Freedompop when my Verizon contract is up in a few months but I would need voicemail and more minutes so the current fee plan I am on would not be adequate, and honestly unless I can get the service to improve I can'y see paying for such poor service. If the phone worked, I would be willing to buy a battery but that has not been the case. It is possible the phone? Can I get a different phone? Thanks for your help.
  • Kristina MarkovicKristina Markovic Posts: 51FreedomPop Newbie
    @Carl Falcone Hi! I cant say for certain that your battery draining isn't an issue with the phone but from my experience it could be due to low to no signal. With any service I've had over the years my battery would drain exceptionally fast when I had little to no signal. For example, at my job I get zero service even when I had Verizon and I would charge my phone fully and just keep it in my purse by lunch time it would be at 15% with absolutely no use because even though you're not using it its searching for a signal which kills the juice. So now I just turn on airplane mode and the battery is 98% by lunchtime so i know its not the phone but the lack of signal in my experience. Try putting it in airplane mode and not using and see if the battery draining is improved to help rule out the battery/device as the issue. Hope this helps good luck!
  • RabidratRabidrat Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Carl Falcone my experience is very similar to your's. I live in an area with good 3G and 4G Lte Sprint service. I can have my Sprint phone (with 4 bars 4G service) right beside my Freedompop phone (with 0 bars of service)! Texting is hit and miss, I'm lucky to get 5 hr's battery life IF I don't touch it. It was my intention to switch from Sprint to Freedompop service (and yes I understand it is beta), but my Freedompop service is so unpredictable/unreliable that I'm starting to think I wasted my time and money.
  • Paul Mobile ManPaul Mobile Man Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie

Hi, I live in Long Island NY and the service map shows 4G/3G coverage all over the island with no gaps in my area. My phone works great on WiFi but 3G is poor and the phone never finds 4G service. I ran all updates posted on these forums and changed the default Mobile Network settings to include LTE. Why is my service so poor? The phone just arrived yesterday. It looks brand new so I was thrilled with that bu service seems to be an issue.

I am having a similar issue with my new Photon Q phone. LI coverage show 4G on the whole island, but my phone has yet to connect at 4G. It always stays at CDMA-eHRPD:14. I tried updating the profile and PRL, but it had no effect.

I spoke with someone in technical support who told me Freedompop's coverage in LI is not good and that's why I was having so many issues. I closed my account since they did not think they could help me improve my service.