**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

New FP User - Can't Send Texts. But can receive texts, make calls and apps work fine. Help?

wclancywclancy Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hello. Brand new FP customer here. Just received my phone this week. Got my number set-up and am able to make and receive calls plus use my data plan. I can also receive texts but I'm not able to send a text. I receive an error icon every time. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wclancy Please go to Settings -> Apps -> [scroll to the right to Downloaded/On this phone] Messaging -> Force Stop and clear data. Then just reopen it and let it load and it should work.

Be advised you will lose your SMS history.
  • wclancywclancy Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali - appreciate the reply and guidance but no dice. Followed your instructions to a T and it's the same error showing. Any other ideas?
  • StEshStEsh Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    This service or these phones are crap. All calls and texts are intermittent. If I restart my phone every hour or so, it seems to work somewhat more often than just leaving it on like properly functioning phones.