**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Franklin U602 4G connection radio disabled

meshbackmeshback Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I recently received my Franklin U602 usb device and I'm unable to utilize the 4G connection as it states that the radio is disabled. I've seen a few other posts on here about running Sprint SmartView with this device. Even on 2 different computers, that software states that 'No connectivity hardware was found'. I've updated the software on the stick to the latest version as suggested in the forums. Still will not connect over 4G and states that the 4G radio is disabled. I can connect over 3G so I know my account works. Can someone please help me?

Comments

• Hey There @meshback you have no wimax coverage in your area, as a result you will only be able to connect to 3g
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • meshbackmeshback Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    No, that wasn't the case. I have one of the overdrive devices as well and I tested in an area that has good wimax coverage. 4g radio was still disabled.

I did get it working though. I had tried 2 different Windows computers, both of them only allowed me to connect over 3g. I plugged into a laptop that was running Ubuntu, was able to switch to 4g and connect. And now the windows machines will connect 4g as well. Why the ubuntu machine allowed it to fully start working, I don't know. But it's worth a try if anyone else is getting the Radio disabled, 4g unavailable message.
  • ERIC  Hemphill ERIC Hemphill Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't connect my Franklin U602 at all what's going wrong
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,832 admin

I can't connect my Franklin U602 at all what's going wrong

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm the device's MEID (MAC or DEC or ICCID) numbers so we can take a closer look at it. Also, what error messages are you getting on your device?