**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Slickdeals: Samsung Galaxy S3 for $99.99 + Free Shipping

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
edited June 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

**DEAL ALERT** Vote Up and buy your Samsung Galaxy S3 for $99.99 + FREE Shipping! Click here to GET IT NOW!

What is the deal?

Samsung Galaxy SIII $99.99 + FREE SHIPPING!
Pro 500MB (4G/3G) Data Plan FREE
Unlimited Talk and Text Voice Plan Trial ($10.99/month) FREE

Don't forget to THUMBS UP and show your support!

*You are always welcome to downgrade to the 100% Free Plan, which consists of 200 Voice Minutes, 500 Text Messages, and 500MB of 4G LTE/3G data. Downgrading can be performed directly on your online account page or on your phone. By breaking free from your current phone carrier and switching to FreedomPop, you can save hundreds of dollars every year.
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• stitus5stitus5 Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    Does FP have any procedure/incentive in place for upgrading from older device (i.e., HTC Evo Design)?
  • KELLIE LARUEKELLIE LARUE Posts: 148FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Yes they do. Go to this link here for more Information. http://support.freedompop.com/Device/Mobile/41122442/Swap-to-LTE.htm
    The NeXus Evoluzione B)
  • Robin HardisonRobin Hardison Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't believe this. Wish this deal was available last week. I just received the LG Viper today and it's completely unusable. Apps crash. Battery goes from 100% to 15% in 1.5 hours with phone sitting on table. Now I can't make any more calls. No matter what I do, even after rebooting, every time I try to make a call I get a message that says 'This application is not configured for multiple calls'. So I have a paper weight and would have loved to spend the additional money on a S3.
  • Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Rastoma,
    I sent support an email to see if they will let me swap out my Viper for an S3. I am having the same problems as you.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Rastoma @Carl Falcone have you tried pm'ing one of our admins? They can help you out. "@Jorge M." above might be able to help you out with your device!
  • stitus5stitus5 Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    I have had the same issues with my HTC Evo from the original rollout - thanks to Google voice I've still managed to stay somewhat connected.

What experience has anybody had with the upgrade procedure? How is the call quality on S3 with good LTE/wifi coverage?

@Rastoma @Carl Falcone have you tried pm'ing one of our admins? They can help you out. "@Jorge M." above might be able to help you out with your device!

Yes I did, he gave me a phone number to call and they had me on hold for an hour, then got a recording to leave a message. That was last night. No one called me back.
  • ZHIJIA XUEZHIJIA XUE Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    This is a really good deal! I got my Viper already. otherwise I will jump on this deal..
  • michael vedermanmichael vederman Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    ok, it decide to work on it's own... wth?
  • Sand  Sand Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    Um carl its a S3 everyone will laugh at you the S6 come's out april 11th you'll be lame walking around with a old behind s3 i mean honestly for $99 ... not worth it unless it cost $10 according to the phone's reputation see if your friends laugh at you just be like well it only cost $10 but if they laugh and you be like well it only cost $99 then they may laugh even harder same thing goes for the iphones if you walking around with a iphone 4 sorry you're lame in my city ... if you got a iphone 5 you are (alright) if you got a iphone 6 then you're perfect and popular ...
    even if you are swapping and not paying $99 .... carl i mean a S3 its not worth it ... it'll make so very lame ... try to swap for a iphone 5 instead (thats more worth it) i'm also calling monday to try and swap as well (for the Iphone5) because with my viper (like everyone else) the battery life is a horror movie X_X ....
    Sand H, They are not going to give you an Iphone 5 for a Viper. The Viper is a 3 year old phone and the first 4gLTE phone Sprint used on its LTE network. Thats why it was free. Its a low to mid-grade product to begin with. Iphone is a high end product.
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @stitus5 I got my htc evo 4g activated on freedompop a little over a year ago. honestly, the service & voice quality wasn't that hot for the most part. however, I just reactivated it so my bf can use it. let me tell you, the voice quality is pretty good now, I guess the updates on the fp app over the last couple of months have really made a big difference. anyway, he's a happy camper. now, the s3. I got that on sale in December, although not for $99($120), I find the voice quality quite good, people have mentioned it several times on calls. I was able to switch out the phones quite easily, I think you just have to kind of catch a good time to call. I think I called around 2pm est, but I really think it's just luck :) I'm very happy with the s3 though, no, it's not top of the line but it's a good phone in my opinion, does what it's supposed to do. I'm also very happy with freedompop, it's been a very good experience for me so far. I hope anyone who is having issues will be able to work through them. cheers, liz
    Well Carl i am for sure they can give a discount on the i5 for the viper instead of a free exchange I am calling tomorrow and see what they can do for me I will be fine with a good HTC or Motorola also nope anything less than the iphone5s is not high bend ahaha the i5 is just alright and old the i7 coming out J an 2016 just my opinion
    lol i was meaning to say high END and January 2016 and the word "thats" is missing before "just my opinion" sorry for all the typo's :s
  • goobygooby Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
    Sand H. said:

Um carl its a S3 everyone will laugh at you the S6 come's out april 11th you'll be lame walking around with a old behind s3 i mean honestly for $99 ... not worth it unless it cost $10 according to the phone's reputation see if your friends laugh at you just be like well it only cost $10 but if they laugh and you be like well it only cost $99 then they may laugh even harder same thing goes for the iphones if you walking around with a iphone 4 sorry you're lame in my city ... if you got a iphone 5 you are (alright) if you got a iphone 6 then you're perfect and popular ...

I have to disagree with everything in that post. The S3 is still a powerful device. There are Android devices with lower specs that cost more than a $99 S3. I paid $150 for a new non-FP S3 a few weeks ago and have no regrets. I love the phone and expect it will last me 3-5 years. And as for being "perfect and popular," I don't think most adults care about that. Perhaps for teens having the latest phones is a status symbol, but once you reach adulthood (at least in the low to mid 20s), your perspective on life changes.

As long as the $99 S3 doesn't have significant problems such as cracks on the screen or spontaneous shut-downs, I'd suggest anyone looking for a decent Android phone to consider this deal. If a defective battery is the only issue, I'd suggest getting a cheap one on eBay if you don't want to deal with RMAs.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Jorge M for Directing us to the Incredible deal. I just paid 140$ for the one I just purchased. Could have saved a little buying this one. Might have to invest and get me a 3rd s3 at this price :)

Byod is just making it hard to find a good phone like this at a cheap price. Why Byod when Freedompop is offering these even cheaper. Took me 5 days to find a good ESN...Great Phone, Very Strong, and Great voice quality when mixed with the Freedompop messaging app. :)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I agree with you gooby, Sand H. is looking at it differently. Yes from a social perspective you have an old phone, and if i was a 16 year old high school kid, I might care what people think, but I don't. The S3 is a great phone with great technology, much better than the Viper. Its important to understand Freedompop's model is to buy previous generation phones and sell them cheap or give them away. It is not there intention to have the latest and greatest. If you want that you need a different provider.
  • Lacy PfaffLacy Pfaff Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Wait, I just got this same deal about two weeks ago but I had to pay $180 for the SIII. Is there any way I can get a credit? That's not fair!
    Goo by the viper takes horrible pictures the pixels are close to 0 I wish I could buy a better camera for my phone because the battery is not the only issue ... Another issue is the keyboard its giving me major problems and yup i am a teen ... But over 18 ... The s3 is lame I understand you and Carl are old folks but that's no problem ;) live your life be happy
  • LibertyPop5LibertyPop5 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    How can I send a text message from my email account to my FreedomPop phone?
    (If it was Sprint as carrier, I would have to add @messaging.sprintpcs.com to the Freedompop phone number)
    Sorry Sand H. I meant no offense :) but I'm in my forties. No one my age is looking to see what phone I have, and like you the Viper was not good to me. An SIII would be an upgrade but I just got an email for the Victory for $50 so I might give that a try. I thought you were returning your Viper?
    Yup I am going to return it in about 3 more months I need to save money out of 3 of my paychecks for the s4 lol to bad I spent all my income tax money already but yup the s4 is what i decided to try and get and wow I didn't get such emailucky you
    What was I thinking the sun must be getting to me I am returning it before my 30 days are up lol not in 3 months
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Sandy I also disagree with you completely on the S3 comments. I saw you outed your age so I understand where some of you younge'ns are at thinking wise.

I will tell you I just picked up a great S3 on swappa for my 21 yrld son and he has had nothing but raves for it and is very appreciative. When I told him about certain aspects that may not be up to par with more current phones his reply was "Dad, I don't care about that, what am I, 18?" True story!

The phone cost $115, in excellent condition too. If you try finding an S3 for $99 or less anywhere but FP go ahead and make the investment, the S3 is still trending between $130 and $160 on ebay depending on condition!
This discussion has been closed.