**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Activated but cannot be Used?

Hung VuHung Vu Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
1. It was not easy but I found the link where I am supposed to enter the MAC ID (from the packing slip) and my email to activate the phone but it failed because of “Email address already in use!” Of course it is in use because I am using it. May I ask how I can activate my phone?
2. I was on hold for about 30 minutes after calling (888) 743-8107 and selected activation. I was then told by a lady that my phone was already activated but then I cannot make call or receive call from the phone. She then transferred me to someone else who can help but then after on hold for another 45 minutes, I was disconnected. I called back and have been on hold for about 20 minutes... Good luck to me!

Will someone please help?

Best Answers

Answers

• Hung VuHung Vu Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Ali for the respond. I called and selected Technical Support 20 minutes ago and still on hold right now at 8:30AM, 3/11. Hopefully I will be answered by an admin. By the way, maybe I should have selected Activation to reach an admin?
    I posted something and noticed that it did not go through after clicking "Post Comment" so here we go again.

Thanks Ali for the response. I have been on hold for 40 minutes hoping to catch an admin answering. By the way, I selected Technical Support or maybe I should have selected Activation at the beginning?

Is it possible to contact an admin using email or even from this forum? I have a feeling that I will never be answered by holding and waiting for Technical Support to answer.
    Hi Carl, so I finally talked with Support and up to the point that he wanted me to go to "Play Store" I got stuck and not able to sign in maybe due to 3G signal not strong enough where I am at this time and also without wifi. I checked and there was Freedompop apps already loaded which also needs logging in so tried to log into it but again no success maybe due to 3G not strong enough. I will have to wait until I am home today then try again with my home wifi. He also promised to call me at 6PM today.

Since wifi is so critically needed, I wonder if I can still reliably make and receive calls/texts when away from home therefore only rely on 3G.

By the way, I noticed that there is a delay before my forum messages are posted maybe due to monitoring and approval before appeared?
    So its been 1+ hour on hold and an automatic voice asked me to leave a message to be called back within 24 to 48 hours...
    Unbelievable! After installing the Freedompop Messaging, the phone just now works because I can call and receive calls. Thank you all.
    I am now home with wifi. 6:30PM and no call from Freedompop. I called the 888 number and still on hold. In the mean time for the last 1+ hour, I could not log into Freedompop app so uninstalled it then reinstalled but the downloading screen got stuck forever so gave up. I noticed that there was the Free Voice and Text app so downloaded that one and it was installed. I downgraded my plans (from my PC logged into my Freedompop account) to the free plans. I now from the phone open the Free Voice and Test app but there was an error "You need to use freedompop's messaging app instead of this one." Now I am still waiting for someone to answer the phone to help me out with this.
  • ZHIJIA XUEZHIJIA XUE Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I found if the phone doesn't work, complete wipe the phone and start active process which is the best way to fix the issue. You need connect WIFI, update firmware, PLR and login app store to download message software..
    If the phone don't have hardware issue, you will be good.
    The instruction with shipment is really useless and tech support line waiting time always over 30 minutes..