**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

any answers about problems with the victory phones?!?

Has anyone gotten a victory phone to work? I don't think it is a syncing issue or something that can be fixed with a a factory reset. Freedompop? Anyone home? @Jorge M.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CJ Fotheringham I have just activated 2 Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE's and they all work really well. What kind of issues are you getting?
  • Ryan GardnerRyan Gardner Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have had this same problem with mine when I tried to activate it today. I cant dial numbers and I cant install apps.

Anybody know any fixes before i just stay with Verizon?
  • CJ FotheringhamCJ Fotheringham Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Google services all crash, can download but not install updates/ new apps-110 error, in app manager all apps are using 0.00mb, there is no system update in the menus, can't dial out, hit three digits then a crash of contacts, continuous preparing of network in notices. I have factory refresh 2x and multiple reboots, similar issues occur in other recent threads on freedompop and (curiously) generally in fall-ish 2014
  • thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    For only $4.99 I downloaded this Kindle Book from amazon.com. It is dedicated to Android Jelly Bean, through version 4.3. I highly recommend it for those of us who are struggling to get our Samsung Galaxy Victory, purchased from FreedomPop, working. I use Kindle for PC to read it.

Jaques, Alain (2014-02-25). Using Android: Getting Started Tutorial and Advanced User Guide. (Kindle Locations 26-33).
    He was born in 1967, at a time when it is estimated that the entire world’s computing power was less than that of a single Android phone today.
  • Ryan GardnerRyan Gardner Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the EXACT same problem. I have tried everything I can find online.
    RE: CJ Fotheringham March 11 Post, "in app manager all apps are using 0.00mb" is stated.

I learned, today, that "running apps" tab, above the apps list, must be selected to see how much the apps are consuming. He/She probably had the "all apps" tab selected as I had always done until today's lesson.
    What is Wi-Fi Direct? This is under the Wi-Fi Setting. When I select it, with Wi-Fi on, It shows a phone icon followed by "Android _bb02" under a "My device name heading". Then, if I turn off Wi-Fi, and return to the Wi-Fi direct page, It now says "Enable Wi-Fi Direct to set up peer-to-peer connectivity." So I go and get another of 4 Victory Phones from FreedomPop, power it up & touch "Scan" on my phone. No devices are found. So, I turn Wi-Fi on, on both phones & Enable Wi-Fi Direct on the 2nd phone followed by touching "Scan". After a short time I hear a whistle from my phone which now displays an invitation to connect, which I accept. Both phone then show that they are connected. What does this enable me to do?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you've connected the phone directly together via WiFi.
    Do? copy files, pictures, music, movies. What would you like to transfer ?

Hmmm, could one run an app from the other phone ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias (16th)
    After posting March 13 "What is Wi-Fi Direct?" comment, I found, somewhere, that it is used to transfer things between phones, as you suggest. Thanks!

I called Tech Support, 2015 Mar 17, and had a long hold and a
    long, much appreciated, conversation with Prakash.
    My notes RE: this phone call:
    "2015 Mar 17:
    Per Tech Support, All 4 phones will need to be exchanged.
    Agent: Prakash"

I was told that I have 4 phones that have the widely reported 'Only able to enter 3 numbers on dial pad' issues. Prakash promised to send a RMA via E-Mail, but as of 2015 Mar 19, 3:30AM CST, I have not received it.
  • Thomas MorganThomas Morgan Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I received a Samsung Victory on March 12th with exactly the same problems:
    1. Only able to dial 3 digits
    2. Downloads but won't install apps or updates - all fail with code 110
    3. Google services continually failing.

Device Details on my phone are
    Model Number: SPH-L300
    Android Version: 4.1.2
    Baseband Version: L300VPAMG5
    Kernel Version: 3.0.31-95880
    Build Number: 1.01.02.0530.L300.VPAMG5
    Hardware Version: L300.05

Most likely FreedomPop installed a bad build on devices during this time period with no testing.

Expect that the options are:
    1. Replace affected phones.
    2. Provide refunds

Unlikely, there will be fix of the installed software other than burning a new ROM.

I've sent a message to support but no response after 2 days.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    Hey guys, please comment on our thread here if you are experiencing the issues described in this latest post: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/8282/samsung-victory-unable-to-dial-out#latest