**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

New LG Viber can't actived. "Locating user for Device"

ZHIJIA XUEZHIJIA XUE Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
Just received new viper yesterday. Updated app,firmware and profile. Open message and show green icon with my phone number, but hang on showing "locating user for device" over night. Reboot phone many times, same issue. Under WIFI, phone can pickup phone call. But couldn't use under 3G/4G network.
Call support line and waited for 1.5 hours and couldn't resolve issue. Need wait for tech support response in 48hrs.
Really bad experience. Does anyone has same issue on LG Viper?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZHIJIA XUE Did you try to force clear the messaging app? Go to Settings » Apps » Messaging » Force Clear.
  • ZHIJIA XUEZHIJIA XUE Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I have fixed issue by wiper phone off and restart the whole process.
  • Thomas GarnerThomas Garner Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Wiped and reloaded mine a few times, still having the same issue. 5 phone calls later, still no one giving me an help. I hope I never hear the words,"I'm going to put you on a short hold" again
  • Xishan SunXishan Sun Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    After tons of debug and try fail, I finally figured out what caused this.

DO NOT change the default language in Android OS setting. If you set the language other than English, you will get this "locating user for device" error circling around.

I tested with ZTE and LG freedompop phone. Both have the issue. It is not hardware or OS related error.

Really disappointed with freedompop supporting team. First, the buggy program without any error message. Second, no one really want to test and debug the problem.

Another weak bug in the program: if you lose the network with the program open, it will continuing prompt you with no network error. Without exit, you have to kill the program in OS. DO NOT let the error message keep occupying the interface. I believe even a program from a high school student shouldn't have these weak bugs.
  • Xishan SunXishan Sun Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    finally i figured out what cause the problem by myself.

Do not change the language in Android Setting. if you change the language other than English, you will get this error circling around.
  • Jiawei XuJiawei Xu Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, change the language back to Eng is also for me to resolve the same problem