**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BLU phone compatability

PapachuckPapachuck Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Do the phones that are make by BLU work on **** service? Has anyone tried them yet?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Papachuck Unfortunately no BLU phones are compatible at this moment. If your phone features WiFi you can consider getting a hotspot and if it runs Android OS you can download our free voice and text app to make VoIP calls.
  • SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all Blu phones are GSM, which means that they won't work with Sprint's network.
  • bjwhite211bjwhite211 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I hate to bump an old thread, but this one was the first one I came across when trying to figure out about compatibility with the device I got and figure I'd pass along my experiences.

FreedomPop Device: Global GSM 3-in-1 SIM Kit
    Mobile Device: BLU Advance 5.0 - Unlocked Dual Sim Smartphone - US GSM
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018IZ0SWI

It took me a little while to get everything set up and working, but everything seems to be working fine. I had downloaded all of the FreedomPop apps to the phone while waiting on my sim card to arrive and was playing around with the MyFreedomPop and the FreedomPop Free Call and Text apps before getting my sim card which I think is what caused me headaches. That and I kept getting an error when trying to install FreedomPop Messaging, so I didn't have that on my phone.

After getting the sim card and putting it in my phone it took me a little bit to figure out how to get on the 3G network. Being my first time on Android I wasn't fully grasping what was needed and how to add the APN, even though the instructions were fairly easy. Once I added the APN I was able to use the 3G network and still use FreedomPop Free Call and Text to send and receive calls and texts, but I couldn't access voice mails because the voice mail app kept saying this device isn't activated. After many of frustrating hours searching and trying different things to get voice mail to work and to get the Messaging app to install I finally deleted all of the FreedomPop apps from the device and tried installing the Messaging app first and.... Finally it installed without issue and when I opened it it said it registered the same and showed my phone number, ect... I had to open and close the app a couple of times, although just waiting may of been all it needed, for it to let me make and receive calls but now it's running pretty well. Than I left a voice mail and a notice popped up so I clicked it and it said it needed to download the Voice Mail app so I downloaded and installed it. When I opened it this time I had access to all of my voice mails and they played perfectly.

So all in all the BLU Advance 5.0 - Unlocked Dual Sim Smartphone - US GSM does appear to work fairly well with the Global GSM 3-in-1 SIM Kit as long as you do the steps in the right order

1) Insert the sim card
    2) Download the FreedomPop Messaging app (may be able to do this after adding the APN)
    3) Add the APN and enable Data roaming
    --Settings-More-Cellular networks-Access Point Names
    ---Tap the 3 vertical dots in the top right and New APN
    ----Name: FreedomPop
    ----APN: freedompop.foggmobile.com
    ----Tap the 3 vertical dots in the top right and Save
    ---Make sure the APN you just made FreedomPop is selected
    ---Press the back arrow in the top left
    ---Enable Data roaming and hit OK in the warning pop up
    ---Close the settings window
    4) Hopefully enjoy your new phone

I still have alot of greyed out items in the FreedomPop Diagnostic app and using the device compatibility check in it still shows the "your device is not compatible" message... But it still seems to work fine. FYI while waiting for the sim card to arrive I did play a game on my phone that updated the Google Play services or something, other than that it was and pretty much fresh out of the box.
  • mio310mio310 Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    The thread was referring to the SIM card OFF the FreedomPOP Phones. However the latest 3-in-1 SIM is totally different story. That SIM is meant to for GSM phones, and almost all the latest BLU phones are compatiable, including Amazon Prime R1 HD.

Give it a shot! You can get a good phone and the free FP phone service for $51.
  • Carlos ZayasCarlos Zayas Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I just bought the Blue R1 HD and have the 3in1 SIM. I can get it to connect to the data network (at 3G speeds only although I'm in 4G LTE coverage, I tested it with my Samsung S6), but it still won't work for making calls or text.

Any ideas?

I just bought the Blue R1 HD and have the 3in1 SIM. I can get it to connect to the data network (at 3G speeds only although I'm in 4G LTE coverage, I tested it with my Samsung S6), but it still won't work for making calls or text.

Any ideas?

You just need the FP Message APP.
    BTW my BLU R1 get the 4G connection, not sure how fast it is but it loads the webpage fairly quick.
  • 1stlink1stlink Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Any other BLU R1 working with LTE sim? I'm shopping for a phone preferably a dual sim model. Suggestions?