**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

2nd phone in two weeks -- both with same problem

Eric SchoellEric Schoell Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Ok, this is frustrating! Last week I got a phone, but had to exchange it. The replacement came today.

They BOTH have the same exact problem, which appears to be faulty firmware flashed to the device.

After booting up, the first thing that happens is that some Google app (usually GMail) will crash. Then there will be an error with the Google Play Services framework.

Try to use the dialer? Contacts crashes.

Try to install an app? Unknown error with Google Play Services.

Look at the installed apps in Applications Manager? Everything takes up 0.00 bytes.

I know there's nothing physically wrong with either phone. The firmware was either flashed improperly, or it was configured incorrectly before being flashed.

I can save us all a lot of time and trouble if I could download the firmware, and flash it myself.

For the record, my phone specs are:
Model: SPH-L300
Android: 4.1.2
Baseband: L300VPAMG5
Kernel: 3.0.31-958802
Build: 1.01.03.0730
Hardware: L300.05

Thanks!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eric Schoell Please attempt a reset of your phone.

(NOTE: This is a factory RESET and will delete all data. Make sure to do this while connected to power or else your phone can be corrupted if the battery dies in the middle of the reset)

1. Remove the battery and reinsert it
    2. Hold the power and Volume up button until it loads the recovery screen
    3. Using the volume buttons, navigate to Factory Reset
    4. Use the power buttons to select. Press yes when prompted
    5. Let the phone do its thing.
    6. Sign back into the FreedomPop Config app, connect to WiFi, and reinstall any updates.
  • Chris MartinezChris Martinez Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I called this issue into the help line and they told me NOT to waste my time with a factory reset it is an issue on their end and it STILL has not been fixed.