**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why is it so hard to get help around here???????????/

just got a mifi 4082 activated on 03/13 on the free plan,but haven't been able to connect to the internet,i get the 3g not enabled message.I was on the phone for over 3 hours with tech-support 2 days in a row but they're clueless on how to fix it,i did everything,updated prl and profile,even resetting mifi but still can't connect,i also have good 4g coverage.Tech-support people kept telling me to get on a paid plan ,so i moved to a paid plan and still dealing with the 3g not enabled issue.Can somebody help me.

Comments

• mark fraziermark frazier FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    once again after an hour on the phone i still get 3G is not enabled on your device.please check our faq for help configuring your device and if that doesn't work,contact our support.You do not have 3G enabled on your plan.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... You signed up for the $3.99 pro with 3g/4g and they're still saying you don't have 3G enabled ? You might need an admin to intervene here.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • comintelcomintel FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015 #4
    This procedure may fix it:

(1) Leave your 4082 completely off. Do not tempt fate by trying it first or leave it on (may not matter).

(2) Separately, on a PC, over another connection, log on to your FreedomPop account using Internet Explorer and make sure you are accessing the section for the 4082 and maybe display the plans page. This may be different for you as I only have one device per account.

(3) Still logged on the PC, paste http://www.freedompop.com/acct_dataplan_detail.htm?plan=fp-4 .

If you get an offer for a free trial of 500 MB, accept the offer.

(4) Now power on my 4082 and see if all is well. You can use http://www.whatismyip.com/ to verify that you are connected via Sprint.

If it still does not work, you may have a poor 3G connection (needed for initial activation one time only). Try taking it to a major shopping center and try activating it there.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015 #5
    @mark frazier
    have you attempted a profile and PRL update?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-EKyj2gn8

sorry for some reason this link is freaking out here is a better link
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mark frazier

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-EKyj2gn8

added a link that works

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @comintel. However if you're on the free plan 3G will not work.
    It will work...give it a shot....if it does not work....its no love loss, we can try something else...

I have one on the free plan, and I update the profile all the time....

@mark frazier

link above

• Michael WeickMichael Weick FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I upgraded to the 500mb pro plan today to try and fix this same issue. I can't update anything on the device since it cannot establish a connection. This is causing me to want to cancel my service since it has been this way for the past two weeks and support does not answer the phone, after waiting an hour each day for 5 separate days.
    Sometimes I take mine outside to do these types of updates. I get a clearer signal this way. I am sure you could find a window, but I just feel more comfortable doing it this way? Have you tried taking it outside?

• Liena RuizLiena Ruiz FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I keep getting a server error when trying to connect to my freedompop device. Help!
    please call up customer service(numbers in my signature) and ask them to do a refresh on your account. Than try the device again. If you have trouble connecting to a tech. Please come back here and @sign me.

@Liena Ruiz

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks when updating your PRL and Profile be sure to do it while on WiMAX! This is noted with a blue light on your device.
  • Michael WeickMichael Weick FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Spent another hour on hold today, no answer. The entire time I was on hold I was outside with the Mifi powered on and my phone logged into the 3G section of the portal, the status stayed on "Connecting" the entire time, the green light blinking, once in awhile it went red for about 5 seconds, but went back to green blinking. I have the free 500 plan, can't update PRL, can't update profile, can't update firmware, nor can I connect the device via USB to my computer which is connected to a home network to access the device and update anything that way. So now what? Purchase a new device and wait on hold for two hours to get it activated? This device was bought a year ago and I don't have the original packaging or receipt anymore to exchange it.

@njfulwider5: Why so many customer service numbers? Which is best to call? I've been using 673-8518