can i use voice service from other service provider?

Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I am new to freedompop. Just got my phone, but somehow, the network always dropped to 3G when I enter a build, (my home or any stores, library etc). Outside the building I get 4G lte, and sound quality is good. But inside building under 3G, sound is very bad and not acceptable, and sometimes can't even receive a phone call. Internet speed low I can accept, but I want to use it as my primary phone, so I need it to always have a good connection for voice. My understanding if FP only use data connection, is it possible to get a pre-paid voice somewhere else that only use 2G network, and still use FP for data servcie on 3G/4Glte network? Or I hope someday FP can provide some voice plans as add-on over tranditional cdma networks.

Also does anyone know if there is a dual-sim phone in the market now that I can use on FP network (and voice from other servcie provider)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant W Unfortunately there isn't a way to use voice on a different carrier. Also dual SIM phones aren't supported either unfortunately.
  • Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks, Ali. Hope FP can offer some voice service someday, even expensive and prepaid, just in case somewhere no lte/3G signals.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use the app FreedomPop Free talk & Text for android. It comes with 200 min & 500 texts free. NO data. Your voice cell company will provide the data.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • A YeungA Yeung Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    T-mobile offers 200 MB free data to tablet. Just buy the Sim card. In additional to the tablet, it can be used in any phone however you cannot use the native phone dialer. I have tried it on my iPhone with Freedompop message app. Since Freedompop Messaging App uses data to make call. It works with the T-Mobile 200 MB free data plan. From my test, 1 min uses about 1MB of data. So 200 MB will let you call 200 mins on T-mobile network. Unfortunately, I cannot use the Freedompop data. I think this is an alternative to use the freedompop plan on a GSM network. It is also good that if you have bad Sprint signal in your area.
    Thanks, Rich. I really the data from freedompop. My coverage is good. So I am ok in most cases. Just need a voice backup in case i want into a big building, like costco or a mall :)

Yeung, would you please share more details about tmobile. I have the sim card, but don't have a lte tablet. Do you need a tablet to sign up the 200m data service? (That's what I heard before). After signed up, you can just move it to your phone, right?

Thanks!
    You don't need to have a tablet to sign up. You can purchase the data only sim card from T-mobile which will offer 200 MB data free for life. I use the data only sim card on my iPhone and it works. Just it doesn't allow to make voice call but I can access the data on T-Mobile. You can purchase additional data pass too.
    Get your data only sim card here: http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/bring-your-own-tablet.html. It is free now. Then sign up for data on demand only plan when you activate your sim card which will give you 200 MB data every month free for life.
    Here is more information about the free 200 MB plan. https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/77546

No voice plan is required. You can bring your device supported by T-Mobile. You can check the list of devices here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9700. Although iPhone is not listed, but it definitely works!
    Thanks a lot, Yeung!