custom rom for s3

Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, really like the s3 phone I got, but don't like samsung os (or not used to :) ). Does anyone know if I can put a custom rom on it? If so, would you please recommend some ROM's and/or share any tutorial or links?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will loose all warranty stuff from FP. Frequent ROMS do not work with FP apps and so can be frustrating. A few do after a bunch of adjusting. If you're a sharp person who understands ROM's and VoIP technology, then have at it. Then you will be the expert to get yourself out of any jams. Discussions of ROMs is discouraged here, but via PM with knowledgeable people might get you more info.
    PS: I've not messed with any ROMs yet.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks. i got some battery issue here. can't make it even last for the day. so i was hoping another rom could help. thanks for the feedback.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with FP ROM. In TIPS category are many useful tips on stretching the battery life for longer hours. Some may make a difference to you others will be hard to notice. Together is best in total help.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Nope. Not working. Always get "The number you have reached is not in service. This is a recording".

I got the MSL code and reset. Also did all the update, PRL, profile etc ... Still not wokring. No incoming calls. No messages. :(
    sorry. posted to wrong discussion.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant W
    make sure your using the Messaging app to make phone calls, also make sure it is update in the play store. let me know if this works?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant W I replied to your other thread. As for your ROM issue, I actually have a copy of the SIII ROM if worse comes to worst however I wouldn't recommend flashing anything.
    Thanks njfulwider5 and Ali. I replied in my other thread for incoming call issue. As for ROM, I just have two concerns:

1. my battery can't last through the day, have to charge at noon. I heard custom rom can help the battery.
    2. want to use pbxes for my google voice sip calls, and I heard ICS integrated dialer can handle SIP calls with good quality. just want to give it a try before i install other sip clients.

Thanks for all your info, I will stay with FP rom, and do more testing on the battery.

Also, I noticed while in call, if i turn on speaker, the volume buttons will control Bluetooth sound, not the speaker. I have to go to that tools button to change speaker volume. Is that a bug? looks strange to me.
    Ali, would you please send me the SIII rom? I will send a message to you. Thanks.
  • Michel McDonaldMichel McDonald Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I seem to have messed up my Rom by installing an updated one. It kept telling me to update, but always gave me an error, so I found the latest version of Philz Touch 6 and updated and my phone bricked. I bought a jig from ebay and it arrives today, so once I get it I can unbrick my phone and it will show me the download screen, which I think means I have to go into Odin and plug my phone in my computer and install the correct rom, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can download the Samsung Galaxy SIII rom so I can use my phone again?