Help - no incoming calls

Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
I have been not able to receive any phone calls and no message in/out since I receive my new phone. Call support and was told someone will send me a MSL code and new battery. But nothing yet. And need to wait hours listen to music everytime i call. Can someone here help me please???

my email is [email protected]

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @Grant W Hello Grant, it does appear you were able to speak to one of our support phone agents and your issue was escalated to our development team. However, I do see you account was not synched on our end and I've gone and fixed that for you. Please let me know if that may have resolved your incoming calls issue, thanks :)
  • Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Not working. Always got "The number you have reached is not in service. This is a recorded message". Is that from Freedompop or Sprint? I got the MSL and tried reset, upgrade, PRL, profile etc ... None working. Still no incoming calls, no messages. Please help.

Thanks!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant W
    make sure you using the messaging app(Freedompop Messaging), and make sure it updated in the play store...

let me know if this helped

sometimes you need to open the messaging app once to receive calls

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Not working. I updated, then uninstall and reinstall, still no incoming calls.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant W

what happens when you click activation refresh in the app settings

click the 3 horizontal bars top left side when you open the app...a pop up from the side opens....click refresh activation data....let me know what happens

in this app

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

not working :( , still number not in service.
    what happens when you surf the net? can you surf the net on 3g/4g? on the phone?

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant W Just out of curiosity is your billing info up to date? Also did you try an account downgrade for your voice plan? Most of the time this is an issue with your plan if you're getting the not in service error.

To downgrade go to tinyurl.com/downgrademyfp.
    internet is working for 3g/4g. Outgoing call is ok. Incoming call from a freedompop phone seems ok. All other incoming calls failed. No messages (incoming or outgoing).

My billing is up to date. Yes, I downgraded my voice plan to the free plan. Would you please help check any error in my plan?

Thanks all.
    @Grant W if you already downgraded your plan...not much i can do for you...but you can always call customer service and have them check your errors...

numbers in my signature

@Jorge M.

Thanks. Customer service said they couldn't find any error :(. Maybe whatever my id in Sprint server doesn't match the one in my freedompop account? Why is it that I can receive a call from freedompop phone, but not from everywhere else?
  • A YeungA Yeung Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    This is because freedompop uses VoIP. When the phone goes into deep sleep, the freedompop client will be disconnected. The only solution is using the partial wake lock.

Download the wake lock app from Google play. Set up to use the partial wake lock and start the wake lock app every time the phone is restarted. You should see the restart option in the app menu. However this will drain the battery quicker. But u will receive incoming call every time. There is also an option to set the partial wake lock inside freedompop messaging app, but I think it does not work every time.
    Incoming call never worked since day one, even when the phone is wake and just went through restart, reset, reactive ..., But thanks for the advice, I will definitely keep that in mind.

• TntazmanTntazman Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue as you. Can make calls but incoming calls receive a message that my phone has been disconnected and is no longer in service.. Has been an issue for past month. Started when I upgraded my plan to unlimited.