Unassign phone from account so that another user can use it.

David KempDavid Kemp Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
I have a FreedomPop account with an old Photon hotspot and a new ZTE Force phone. I purchased the phone for my son and want to transfer it to his FreedomPop account, while keeping the Photon on my account.

I believe that in order to create a FreedomPop account, my son needs to either purchase a device or select BYOD and enter the IMEI of a device. I have found no way to create an account without purchasing or transferring a device.

I have submitted a customer service request to detach the ZTE phone from my account so that my son can attach it to his, with device and account-specific information. But the customer service agent does not seem to understand.

The first response said "We cannot transfer the phone to your son's account because [email protected] is not an active account." Duh, I know that, because he cannot create an active account without a device. (If there is a way to do so, please explain.)

The second response said "We can detach the phone from your account and deactivate your account." No, I explained in the request that I want to keep the account and the Photon active.

Please, please, can a customer service rep just detach the ZTE phone from my account without killing my account or trying to attach it to an account my son hasn't yet been able to create? Support ticket [#4628E143A-2F9C720]‏ has so far been unhelpful.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a admin can help you a little further

@Jorge Morales @Jay A. @LolaBee /
    \can you guys help set up an account? or maybe deactivate the one he wants to use so he can?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Kemp Please call account support at (888) 673-8518. If you're reaching the billing department, they're able to deactivate surprisingly in an instant so they can help as well.