Bluetooth Support

Ryan McAdamsRyan McAdams Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
FreedomPop has stated multiple times that FP phones do not support using a Bluetooth headset during a call, even suggesting that the "development team" is working on this feature.

However, CSipSimple (which FreedomPop's "development team" has obviously used to create the FreedomPop apps) now supports using Bluetooth devices to provide the audio for a call. When can we expect integration of the latest CSipSimple code into the app. Or, do you officially support adding the FreedomPop service to CSipSimple directly (as an Account)?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ryan McAdams Unfortunately as of right now there is no ETA as to if/when this will be released. Adding your account to CSipSimple is not currently officially supported however some users have managed to get it going.
  • Dana GinnDana Ginn Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    While I indicated my concern for the seeming lack of reliable Bluetooth hands-free phoning support over a year ago, I want to reiterate my interest in this issue. it is the main reason I have not been able to rely on using my FreedomPop (BYOD) Samsung Galaxy Victory as an "only" cell phone (I end up carrying two cell phones when driving places). CA has serious penalties for hand holding one's cell phone, AND it is just not safe to do so while driving. This CSipSimple development sounds promising.
  • Mak ZinzowMak Zinzow Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, I too am very frustrated that FP has been dragging their feet on rolling out a solution. If it's not quite perfect, how about an alpha or beta release of the FP app? NY also has hands free laws, and the car is the only place I need a cell phone, so that, and the spotty data coverage, pretty much makes FreedomPop useless for me most of the time.
  • Mak ZinzowMak Zinzow Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd like to upgrade to a nicer phone, but if even all the new phones lack Bluetooth support, why bother? I've gone back to Tracfone for 99.9% of my cell phone needs.
  • Jonathan HineJonathan Hine Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank goodness I came across this I do within my 30 day return period. I am a bit let down with the data coverage problems I experience on my regular driving route but the lack of being able to use bluetooth is concerning. But, and maybe someone can shed some light, my BT problem might be a bit different.
    I have a galaxy S4 and a Pioneer F90BT head unit in my vehicle. Head unit has latest BT update which is a number of years old. I can sync my contacts fine. But when I select a contact, call is connected fine but GUI control on head unit (volume/disconnect) does not come up. Then when call disconnects, unit does not go back to audio i was listening to without either killing the BT connection or deselecting "Call Audio" in the S4 menu. Almost seems that Samsung assumes you are only going to be using Spotify or Pandora through the phone.
  • jtpianojtpiano Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I was able to get the CSipSimple app to work with bluetooth, just not hands free. I was able to get hands free bluetooth using the AOSP method. The con to this method may be call quality (YMMV) I followed this guide- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2595081. Sorry there is no perfect solution here. Good luck!