**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

ipad air failed to activate

fpop8888fpop8888 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a new ipad air that came with a sprint SIM and I tried to activate it on freedompop, but it failed stating that "Sorry your BYOD phone does not qualify". It's paid in full at retailer with no contract, is it not possible to use it on freedompop? Thanks.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fpop8888 Brand new devices that haven't been activated most of the time aren't eligible.
  • L LL L Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have an ipad mini that's not eligible. How would i find out why it's not eligible.
  • fpop8888fpop8888 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@fpop8888 Brand new devices that haven't been activated most of the time aren't eligible.

@Ali I see, thank you. It looks like I can get an ipad day pass on sprint for $5. If I subscribe to the plan would it make the ipad eligible on freedompop then?
  • commutebybikecommutebybike Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I am having a similar issue, I purchased a used Sprint iPad Air 1 with a clean ESN, but I get the same "Sorry your phone does not qualify" message when I try to activate it. I actually checked a different Sprint MVNO website, that carrier said it could activate it. Why not freedompop?
  • jeff schefkejeff schefke Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    A bit old but same problem on my ipad