motorola phonton q setup error

phonton Qphonton Q Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
I just got the phone today and tried to set it up.it shows "Failed to register for push notifications." What should I do? Thank u.

Best Answer

Answers

• phonton Qphonton Q Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    thank u for the tip. I actually had to do a factory reset. Problem solved. But, my Google play store is not working. When I try to install something it always shows error. Can u help?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a chance because this phone uses android 4.0..that it is having the same issues as the ZTE's.....I don't know 100%, I need to find out from the dev team..let me send a shout out to the admins..and if its so, I have a quick fix that worked on the ZTE-that may work on the Photon Q

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Jay_FreedomPop /
    can you guys veryfy the same fix for the ZTE's will work on the Photon q...

both have the same android version-from the research I've been doing...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Yes. Forgot to say. I have a ZTE too. And, I tried to update the play store using the link they emailed me. It only said installed and noway for me to update. I haven't bothered to mess with it yet since I don't really need it now. And the YouTube app doesn't work either. So I have been using YouTube through chrome. But I don't want to complain too much since it already worth it for the free minutes and data I can get each month. It would be nice to connect to some friends though, so I can get more data.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @phonton Q
    I had to create a link that works-but you have to log on to this forum with your phone...than visit this post

1.) Go the following link (open via Google Play Store if prompted):

http://link.freedompopalert.com/u.d?A4GumqifcBytsV8i8iQo=161

2.) Click the green "Update" button

3.) Once the update is complete, open the FreedomPop Messaging App, all texts/calls should work properly.

This should work...if not I have one more link that might work for you. let me know if this don't work for you?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Dennis WilliamsDennis Williams Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same problem starting up my Photon Q. After a hard reset it did work.

I continue to have issues with this phone.
    If I turn it off and turn it back on I can no longer make or receive calls or texts. Neither refreshing the activation or attempting to update Google Play services. When I look at the link there is no option to upgrade.

It appears to be an issue with "Freedompop Setup" it either doesn't run at startup or when it does it cannot find the user. The only way I've been able to get back up and running is to do another hard reset. Its not an acceptable work around. Help.
  • Dennis WilliamsDennis Williams Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same problem with my new Photon Q
    I did a hard reset and it worked for a while.

After I had downloaded all the apps I needed and updated them I could no longer make or receive calls. I tried restarting the phone. No dice. I tried the two other options. Trying to update Google Play did not work. There was no option to update. Refreshing my activation in messaging did restore text but no voice.

The only thing that seems to work is a hard reset. Help please.
    I'M so not an expert in phones. I'm afraid to mislead u. I can only think of try a factory reset. If it doesn't do it, u need to @ someone like njfulwider5 or Ali. Good luck.
  • basejumper32basejumper32 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm new to the forum, I have an android ZTE running6.0.1 & I just got the got my freedom pop SIM card in. It will not install the app due to error. I have updated chrome and other apps, I have ample memory, performed restarts both hard and soft, force closed the play store and cleared the cache and I am at a loss. I'm having to post this from a different iPhone, the android will not text, call or do anything even though it has full service. Can anyone please help me? I will be most grateful!