No LTE

Hyoun JungHyoun Jung Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
I have recently purchased a used sprint galaxy s3 and activated it but I am not getting LTE. I am in an LTE area according to the coverage maps for freedompop and Sprint. Does LTE need to be activated separately or am I just not going to have LTE? I have updated PRL and profile multiple times. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hyoun Jung Were you prompted to give your ICCID to FreedomPop for activation? If not this could be the cause of no LTE. Please call (888) 731-1555 for support with that.

Also are your network settings in CDMA only mode or CDMA and LTE?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hyoun Jung
    The S3 shouldn't need the ICCID(Comes without a sims)but i could be wrong?-I didn't need it when I activate mine. As ali mentioned go into

settings>>>>more networks>>>>>mobile network>>>>network mode>>>check-- LTE/CDMA

also make sure your in the network area and use this map to check

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

enter your address

than go to the data tab...not phone>>>and check LTE

if it says fair lte--you might have issues getting 4g inside a home or building

if it says great LTE---could be the settings mentioned above.

take the phone outdoor to make sure you get a clear 4g signal

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Thanks for clarifying @njfulwider5 :)

All phones that utilize LTE have an ICCID number which is needed 99.46% of the time to use LTE which is separate from the MEID. As a result it should be needed.
  • Hyoun JungHyoun Jung Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you. I have been on hold for about 30 minutes. Is this a bad time to call?
    Okay. So here is my experience so far. I waited on hold for about an hour, got through to a rep who first told me that my galaxy s3 is not an LTE ready device. When I told him it was he put me on hold again for another five minutes. Then he told me that my model because it was bought off ebay probably didn't have LTE. When I told him the device settings had LTE in it and told him about putting in the ICCID for about the fifth time he finally checked it and saw that the ICCID field for my account was blank and put it in. After that I did another PRL update and rebooted the phone and I am still on 3g. Any ideas?
    @Hyoun Jung Does your ICCID show under My Account » Devices?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,
    The S3 does not need a ICCID added to the account..and there is no ICCID when you look in your account (devices)...I have one...if you'd like I can provide you with a screen shoot.,

not all LTE device need a ICCID, only the ones that have removable sims.

The S3 is LTE---for a fact, not sure why they would say otherwise???.

Did you check the settings mentioned?

I got my S3 on ebay also....used

when you activated, did you preform a MSL reset?
    aa.png 68.3K

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 For all FreedomPop LTE phones, the ICCID is not required as it is paired with the MEID for activation by default. Since you have a FreedomPop Samsung Galaxy SIII, you do not have to supply your ICCID. If you have a BYOD SIII, you have to supply the ICCID in order for LTE to function properly on the phone itself. Hope this clears this up :)
    edited March 2015 #10
    my phone is not freedompop, not this S3....it is a BYOD....

If your device does not require a sim for LTE, like the S4(required Sim)...than you don't need a ICCID

any device we require you to have a certain sim, will require a ICCID when you activate via BYOD...

these phones require a ICCID when you activate

iPhone 5 -->> SIMGLW406R -->SKU: CZ2104LWR
    iPhone 5s -->> SIMGLW416C also interchangeable with 5c --->>>SKU: CZ2104LWC
    iPhone 5c -->> SIMGLW406C also interchangeable with 5s --->>>SKU: CZ2114LWC
    iPad -->>SIMGLW406R also interchangeable with Iphone 5 -->SKU: CZ2104LWR

Androids:

Samsung Galaxy S4-->> SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR

LG Volt---->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
    HTC One M7-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
    Samsung Galaxy Mega-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
    LG Nexus 5-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
    LG G2-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR

HTC Desire 510->>SIMGLT207R -->>SKU CZ2101LTR
    LG Tribute->>SIMGLT207R -->>SKU CZ2101LTR
    Tab 3->>SIMGLT207R-->>SKU CZ2101LTR

I am sure there are others...but if the Sim is apart of the phone, its not requires. The S3 don't need a sim.

edited March 2015 #11

Hey guys,
    The S3 does not need a ICCID added to the account..and there is no ICCID when you look in your account (devices)...I have one...if you'd like I can provide you with a screen shoot.,

not all LTE device need a ICCID, only the ones that have removable sims.

The S3 is LTE---for a fact, not sure why they would say otherwise???.

Did you check the settings mentioned?

picture removed

I got my S3 on ebay also....used

when you activated, did you preform a MSL reset?

@Hyoun Jung
    sorry about the quote guys--when you get a chance-please let me know questions above.

we'll figure this out.

@njfulwider5 Thanks for handling this. Learned something new today!
    Thanks for all the replies. After that phone call I posted about I was out and about for a bit and I had LTE in certain parts of town. So it is working, I just don't have coverage at home, although the coverage maps say I do. Looks like I am going to have to cancel service and sell this phone. Thanks for all your help.