Questions on exchanging the device due to defective S3

j-onej-one Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I've purchased the S3 about 2 weeks ago and received the phone last week. Unfortunately, i've received the defective phone. I spent about 2-3 hours on hold to reach the customer rep. and today i got emails from FP with RMA number. They didn't even provide the Returning Shipping Label for the device. Am i supposed to pay for the returning the item? Currently i am on hold for 2 hours again to reach the rep.... Does anyone know about this? BTW, they also cancelled my phone number after they took my phone away from their system. I spent time to choose the number because it is for my mom. I don't know if i can get that number back.

Answers

• Viju JamesViju James Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I received a defective S3 too. I spent a total of 3 1/2 on phone/hold to finally reach a customer rep. He said he will send the return shipping label or RMA and instructions by email. But I never received the email (checked junk folder as well). Now I am wondering how long again to wait to speak to a representative.
  • skylineskyline Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I strongly suspect what is believed to be a defective phone is in fact related to third-party applications unable to write to both the internal and external storage. One is a well known KitKat 4.4.2 issue and the other incorrect permissions. It took me two days just researching it, but everything is working as designed now.

I have posted the fix in two separate threads here.
  • j-onej-one Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    My problem has been solved by exchanging the phone. @Viju James it took me few days til i received the email with RMA number after i talked to CR. You have to pay for the shipping to return the phone. it cost me about little over 6 USD from NY to IN. Again, i called the FP and talked CRep right after i sent the phone back. They were pretty quick for exchanging the phone process. i received the another phone in 1 week. The exchanged phone is working fine, but the corner of the camera lens is scratched badly. Fortunately, it does not effect the camera picture quality, so i decided to keep the phone since it is working fine. @skyline my first FP phone was defective on hardware and software issue. I took me 10-20 times turn on the phone, then once the phone was on 3 secs later power off/restart popup showed up with pressing any button on the phone and turned off automatically. Plus, the phone restarted and turned it off itself when the phone was off initally...lol. Now i am just happy that the phone is working fine even with badly scratched camera lens :anguished: lol