**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Slickdeals: FREE Nationwide USB Modem While Supplies Last!

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin

**DEAL ALERT** Get your FREE USB Modem with nationwide 4G WiMax + 3G access! THUMBS UP to show your support! Click here to check it out!

Don't forget to UPVOTE this epic deal!

What is the deal?

A Free USB Modem with nationwide 4G WiMax + 3G access. You’ll also get a one-month free trial of the 2GB 4G/3G data plan.

What about Free Internet?

We offer a 100% Free data plan consisting of 500MB of 4G WiMAX data. To get nationwide 3G access, just upgrade to a higher data plan. The 500MB 4G WiMAX + 3G plan only costs $3.99/month. Downgrading can be performed directly on your account page. No need to contact FreedomPop Support in order to switched to the Free Plan.

Tagged:

Comments

• William Medeiros JrWilliam Medeiros Jr Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered this and have gotten no notification from Freedompop of the order. Can a support person check this out for me?
  • goobygooby Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
    This is a GREAT deal for those in WiMAX areas, at least until Sprint shuts down WiMAX in November. Thanks!
  • RichardDellRichardDell Posts: 150FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @William Medeiros Jr ... what time did you place your order (and time zone) on the 25th ? I had the same thing happen to me, I speculate their Email went down for a bit. My order was placed late, like 11:30 pm EDT

My solution was to call support and hang on the phone for a manual password reset, then I could log in to the account to see it was at least "started" in the process.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I ordered and got confirmation almost instantly yesterday afternoon. Today I got email saying it had shipped!
  • goobygooby Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm in the same boat as M.A.II Lopez. I ordered mine Thursday and got shipment confirmation the next day.
  • wackojackowackojacko Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Got mine on Saturday but had trouble connecting, anyone know if you need to install any software or is it pure plug and play. Just seem to keep flashing and would not allow a connection.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @wackojacko it does appear your account needed a refresh on our end and you should be good to go now :)
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge M. How are ship times looking for this? If it's within a week I might grab one or two :)
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015 #10
    Ali I got ship notification
    Date/Time Activity Location
    -3/26/2015 - Thursday
    10:25 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Just cheked, no update yet.
  • olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    The one I ordered was shipped within a day or two later.
  • 8977 Manning8977 Manning Posts: 50FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali I had the same experience as olrs. Mine came today and I just ordered late last week. Trying to set it up is giving me some troubles though. Gonna try downloading the FP-recommended software and see if that helps.
  • Josh PowersJosh Powers Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Can someone help please, I ordered this deal but never received confirmation. However when I look at the device on my account page it shows that it is in the 2nd `stage` of the progress bar thing... ? :# please tell me what's wrong! Lol, thx by the way
  • Steve WestSteve West Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Josh, you need to be patient. Your device is being prepared for shipment. Once it ships you will notice your stages page is gone and you will receive a tracking number.
  • charles alcorncharles alcorn Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    I recently ordered this for a family member, is there a way we can link the device to their email so they can reap the full benefits of having this device? Thanks! And this service has been great!
  • wackojackowackojacko Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. said:

Hello @wackojacko it does appear your account needed a refresh on our end and you should be good to go now :)

Thanks for the update. It just kept flashing the green light. Do I need to install the Sprint Smart View software as well?
    Thanks.
    @wackojacko I'm not sure if you NEED to install it, but it sure made setup a lot easier once I did =) Happy surfing!!!
  • Josh PowersJosh Powers Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

Josh, you need to be patient. Your device is being prepared for shipment. Once it ships you will notice your stages page is gone and you will receive a tracking number.

Thanks for the info!
  • Jason MayhueJason Mayhue Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered one U301, received two today, in separate boxes. I can figure out the one I was expecting, but have no idea what the other is. I tried them both and they will both connect to 3G but neither will connect to 4G Wimax. Not sure what to do.
  • Jason MayhueJason Mayhue Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Nevermind about the second device. It was for my daughter. But I'm still concerned that they don't connect to 4G. I have numerous Freedompop devices and have a decent 4G signal on them.

Nevermind about the second device. It was for my daughter. But I'm still concerned that they don't connect to 4G. I have numerous Freedompop devices and have a decent 4G signal on them.

Have you tried downloading the suggested software? I'm not 100% on this @James FP Vogel yet it seems that software is what allows a user to swap between 3g and 4g. Just a thought. Good luck!
  • Steve West - U301 - #3 -Steve West - U301 - #3 - Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Time to give away some free U770's to those of us in non Wimax areas or better yet some free MiFi 500's. :3
  • Hyoun JungHyoun Jung Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I just received mine in the mail but I can't find the option on my account page to downgrade to the completely free 500mb plan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Steve West - U301 - #3 -Steve West - U301 - #3 - Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hyoun Jung, Go to "my account" then under "my plan" go to "details and plan management" then you will see "To downgrade your plan, click here".
  • LTE4meLTE4me Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie

Have you tried downloading the suggested software? I'm not 100% on this @James FP Vogel yet it seems that software is what allows a user to swap between 3g and 4g. Just a thought. Good luck!
    My Sprint labeled U600 USB (4G+3G), from FreedomPop, no longer connects after downgrading near the end of the 1st month.

FreedomPop Support refreshed the U600 with no success, then stated 4G is not supported at my home address.

Hmmm....my other FreedomPop decices, that are 4G (WiMax only), work perfectly from my home address where there is a very strong 4G WiMax signal.

Why would the Sprint labeled U600 (4G+3G) no longer connect when my FreedomPop labeled 4G (WiMax only) devices continue to connect from the same home address?

Could it be different 4G setups between Sprint vs FreedomPop labeled devices?

Should FreedomPop Support be able to test the configuration software on the U600?

@8977 Manning indicated to @James FP Vogel, who is having a very similar issue, to use some software from Sprint.

So anybody out there with a proven way to fix the Sprint 4G vs FreedomPop 4G ...Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...
  • Hi HiHi Hi Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Bring this deal back!
This discussion has been closed.