**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Disappearing Menus in Settings

My wife and sister-in-law both have Victory phones purchased from Freedompop. One of the phones has no "System Update" menu in settings, so there is no way to update the PRL or Profile. I can't say for certain but would guess the menu was there originally. Any idea what could cause menus to disappear? I have done a factory reset on the phone but still no menus.

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Mark Piscitelli

I understand FPop branded phones use a custom ROM that performs Update Profile and Update PRL automatically during bootup. They therefore do not have those options in the System Settings.
  • Mark PiscitelliMark Piscitelli Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Seems strange. We have 3 phones bought from Freedompop within a month or so - one S3 and two Victory. Two of the three have that menu; the third doesn't.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to what @djinks said, if you have to do a manual PRL and Profile update, the best way is to do an SCRTN -

1. Dial ##72786# in the native dialer and the SCRTN message should appear. Enter your MSL if needed (found by clicking here)

2. Your device will restart, proceed to unlock the device

3. The Hands free reactivation will occur, its going to update your PRL and Profile. If it fails then update it manually Settings -> System Update -> PRL and Profile

4. If you lost any data then please re install the My FreedomPop app and the FreedomPop Messaging app.
  • Mark PiscitelliMark Piscitelli Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Since this phone has no Settings - System Update menu I will have to do the ##72786# option.

Also, on this phone, every time it reboots you have to wait for - Android is upgrading - optimizing apps. Is that normal on some phones. This doesn't happen on other Freedompop phones we've had.
  • Gabriel PhoneGabriel Phone Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Master Ali, thanks for your post on manually resetting PRL update. I suspected this was why I was getting error 67 but couldn't find how to update PRL in the menu as directed everywhere else I found. It's been several days now and I don't lose data for no reason on drives ( when I really need it for navigation). Again, this has solved error 67 where you lose data reception (until resetting phone). On Samsung Victory. Thanks again.