**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Sending text messages from a computer to a FreedomPop phone number

Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
Hey all, I need the code that appears after the @ sign for sending text from a computer email system to a phone number for FreedomPop. I understand that FP runs on the Sprint system so I tried [email protected] and this did not work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello @Simeon Walton at this time that feature is currently not enabled on freedompop devices.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton Unfortunately this requires MMS messaging capability and as this is not supported you won't be able to use your number with an email address.
  • James LummelJames Lummel Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
    There are several free texting websites that will work to send text messages to a FreedomPop phone.

Recently they've made it possible to use SMS text messages from both Google and PayPal to verify your account on your cell phone and I've been able to send texts to several FreedomPop phones thru free SMS texting websites. Hopefully FreedomPop will add MMS to their growing list of support so we can send and receive photos to any other cellphone as well.

I found that you need to use a free texting website that doesn't require you to set the cellphone provider for the recipient since FreedomPop and their SMS provider are not on any of the lists. This doesn't seem to be a problem for the websites not asking for this information as the texts go thru just fine.
    On today's episode of "History in a Nutshell":

"Global warming", or "climate change" as it's now called, was created when two politicians were sitting around one day having a brandy and brainstorming on how they could put together their next government funded project that would be a sure-fire way to win the next election at the taxpayer's expense when one of them said to other "Hey, wouldn't it be GREAT if we could figure out how to tax the very air they breath??" ('they', of course, being you and me). Well the other politician happen to be Al Gore and the rest is a matter of history....
  • Robert YatesRobert Yates Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Care to tell us which sites you're using?
  • Robert YatesRobert Yates Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I've tried through google and it doesn't think a raw phone number is a valid address, and to be fair, it isn't.
  • Casey GunterCasey Gunter Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    No update on this or which service @James Lummel was using?
  • Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes James, let us know what sites you are using.
  • Sanford  Mace Sanford Mace Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Send MMS is now available on freedompop, is email to SMS available now?