Can't use my phone's Hotspot, says I need to activate.

John cardwellJohn cardwell Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
So, I'm trying out the Unlimited plan, and decided to purchase the Hotspot service (I don't know WHY you need to purchase that) to see how it would work with my laptop. I got it all set up, everything was working great, until I hit 1GB of data. AS soon as I hit my 4G LTE limit, the service decided to stop working, although I should be able to use unlimited 3G service. My phone keeps telling me that I need to "Activate my device", yet it's already activated and the webpage it directs me to says as much, I've tried restarting my phone, force stopping the messaging app, and looking through my account, but nothing.

Also interesting note, after my 1GB was taken, it added 30 more MBS and said it was "pay as you go". I'm not paying anything extra, it should be unlimited. I'm REALLY trying to like FreedomPop, but all I run into is problems and hoops I have to jump through

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @John Cardwell Unfortunately after you're throttled you won't be able to tether your phone to your computer. If your phone has issues with connectivity, please attempt a PRL and Profile update.
  • Thomas WatsonThomas Watson Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I signed up to use the phone to connect to my laptop but can't figure out to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thomas Watson - What device are you using ? Hot Spot or is the phone mentioned a FP phone that you wanted to use with Laptop ? Are you trying to just connect the two or get internet from one to the other ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Thomas WatsonThomas Watson Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Rich, Thanks for responding.

My HTC 510 phone was purchased from Freedompop. I would like to use the phone as an hotspot or tethered to my laptop, makes no difference. I added FreedomPop Wifi Hotspot to my plans a week ago and still unable to connect. I noticed that the Phone does not have the Hotspot or tethering options in settings. I have attempted to reactivate my phone hoping to have that included but did not help.
    I do get a internet connection on my phone and I get a internet connection with any other hotspot.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin

Rich, Thanks for responding.

My HTC 510 phone was purchased from Freedompop. I would like to use the phone as an hotspot or tethered to my laptop, makes no difference. I added FreedomPop Wifi Hotspot to my plans a week ago and still unable to connect. I noticed that the Phone does not have the Hotspot or tethering options in settings. I have attempted to reactivate my phone hoping to have that included but did not help.
    I do get a internet connection on my phone and I get a internet connection with any other hotspot.

Hello Thomas,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please click on this link to check out all of the information available on modifying your device's system. You'll find steps on this page to reset your device's hotspot settings.