Unable to make or receive calls using WIFI and Messaging App Battery Draining 95% to 9% overnight

I got this new phone a week back. I am facing many issues since day one. Currently below are the issues

1) I am not receiving calls when WIFI is on at HOME and OFFICE with Mobile Data on
2) Also When wifi is not on. Message App is eating complete battery

Anyone faced same issue. Please help

Best Answers

• S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Do you have the latest version of the FP Messaging app?

Version 16.01.97.0326
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.

Answers

• Lakshmikanth KrishnacharLakshmikanth Krishnachar Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the latest version installed Version 16.01.97.0326 . Can you please answer why can't I make calls or receive calls using WIFI. I am pretty upset with phone as It is becoming useless though a new phone
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    @Lakshmikanth Krishnachar Sorry to hear about your issues with your device. Could you please provide us with any error messages you are receiving when attempting to make/receive calls, thank you.
    No error message as such. Popup window apears and goes off. However when wifi is off. I can dial and call perfectly. ALso when wifi is on. I dont hear any call rings of new incoming calls. I tried to do all settings
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lakshmikanth Krishnachar
    the app only make noise if the device is in sleep mode? try placing the phone is sleep mode and see if you get notification...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Thanks all for your wonderful support. After new patch
    Version 16.01.97.0326 was installed. I am able to able make calls on wifi from home. Also Juice Defender is good battery saver. It is helping new phone to retain battery.

I am very happy with support this forum provided.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lakshmikanth Krishnachar Great to hear! Let us know if you need any more assistance :)
  • Nick MisentiNick Misenti Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Having same problem receiving calls in sleep mode over wifi. Where can I get the patch?