**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Wrong MEID #

Candy ViewCandy View Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have the wrong MEID # in my phone and when i dial the ##72786# it asked for a security code. Can't find that anywhere. How do I change the MEID to match the one that was sent to us in the mail... I have been on hold for sometime.. Also how do I change the phone number on the phone to match the one on my account?

Answers

• Bryan HendrixBryan Hendrix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    My issue is similar .... where is my MSL code when I want to access my phone via the ##72786# command. My phone also displays the voice mail access number in the information part of my phone. The information part of my phone if I access systems settings and then select 'about my phone' and then select 'phone identity'.
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Hi Candy,

You can't change your phones MEID. If it's wrong your phone won't work and support will need to change it in the system.

As for the phone number, this is VOIP. Your phone number will be in your FreedomPop Messenger App. The other number is simply there to give you data service via the network. It isn't meant to be called.

I hope that helps clarify it some.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Candy View , @""Bryan Hendrix"

Candy, How long is this MEID that was sent in an email to you? MEIDs are long numbers and are usually found in the phone on a label under the battery. I have never received on in an email but I have received an MSL, which is only six digits.

The phone number in the phone in Settings - About Device will not match you FreedomPop phone number, it is used by Sprint but you can ignore it.

What do you want to do with the MSL? Are you trying to accomplish Update Profile and Update PRL?
    You can likely accomplish those from the settings menu. I do not own a Viper, but on my S3, they are found here:
    Settings->More ->System Update
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you need your MSL code you can find it under My Account » Devices
  • Bryan HendrixBryan Hendrix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    jinks?? not your business why I want an msl. As a customer, I should be able to go to my account screen after logging in with user name and password and locate the msl. As Ali stated, one should be able to look at the 'devices' tab after accessing the account. Sorry to say, my device screen reflects a mac number and not an msl. Looking for a message in my inbox and not here -- if that's possible.