Can't Register with Messaging App

Eric LukEric Luk Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Service: Free 500mb
Issue:

I recently used up all my data allotment for the month and was cutoff from mobile data. (No problem) The issue I have is that after I updated to the latest version of the messaging app via the Google Play Store. I can no longer register with the app over Wi-Fi. I have checked my account via the browser and see no indication of my account being disabled/suspended and I do have a positive credit amount on my billing overview.

Please advise me on this situation.

Comments

• Hello @Eric Luk your account shows to be suspended as you have gone over your data limit.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • Eric LukEric Luk Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    @LolaBee My understanding, correct me if i am wrong, is that you are suppose to be able to still make calls and text over wifi if you are out of mobile data? In addition, why am I not able to continue my service at the $0.02/mb rate
  • Bryan HendrixBryan Hendrix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Is this not a lovely device to have... a phone that only works on WiFi after to near or exceed your 'data' allowance. So, for myself and others on the basic 200 plan, I get the 500 megabytes per month. Data used on the cellular network for calls. Calls sent/received via an app and not the phone. No more data, then your device is useful on WiFi only. Wow, a voip device limited to WiFi once you go through the measly 500 megabytes. I guess I need to not have any app running on my phone that consumes data. The other item I notice, the consumer is charged against the 200 minutes for calling. I would understand the need for a need to subtract from minutes allotted if said customer is using cellular, yet, even though I am on WiFi, my minutes are subtracted. WiFi connection does not create a cost, v.o.i.p. apps do not create a cost. Many other v.o.i.p. apps can be downloaded and used for free via WiFi. Looks like FreedomPop wants to charge for using free WiFi when other companies do not. How Sad -- maybe they can figure out a way to not be so greedy and wanting your money when you use WiFi and not cellular. Perhaps this is the main reason they started the business - wanting people to elevate above the basic 200 plan, just to make money and not really care about customers.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Bryan,
    Cellular service is not used for voice calls, It is all VOIP and if your data limit is reached, voice calls are suspended also.
  • Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    @Bryan Hendrix FreedomPop is fairly straight forward about their basic plans only including 200 minutes. Looking around, there does seem to be a good number of people using FreedomPop mainly for data and Google Voice for voice/text. Just a thought!

Also, just as an FYI, connect with 10 or Freedom Friends and you get an extra 500 mbs of data per month.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bryan Hendrix In addition if you want to add more data you are able to by turning Auto Top Up on.