2 major problems with my s3

RossRoss Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
like the title says i have 2 major problems which is about to make me hate this phone. first problem is no vpns are working which is important to me. second problem is i can't download anything through any browser's unless i use the stock one which is not secure. what do i do now? i already did a factory reset. i can't keep a phone i can't keep secure.

Comments

• RossRoss Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
    now I'm really upset. gps navigation doesn't work. i paid for offline navmii and it's not working. also Waze doesn't work. why is freedompop restricting these apps.i love freedompop but this is an issue. wtf
    please close this thread. i don't want to discuss it here
    thanks. i fixed the navigation problems with the app folder mount (root) from the market. didn't have to root. i can't fix the vpn problem though. someone please help me the vpn issue.
    can someone help me with the vpn issue?
  • skylineskyline Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I am working on the VPN issue now, will let you know what I come up with.

FYI- I have -2- S3's, one with a 4.4.2 FreedomPop ROM and the other a stock 4.4.2 Cricket ROM and there are some VPN apk/odex files's missing in the FreedomPop ROM.

You might want to go to system/app and see if you have VpnClient.apk and VpnClient.odex.
  • skylineskyline Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    VPN UPDATE:

See last comment here: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/comment/43934/#Comment_43934

I haven't tried it yet as I was under the impression the upgrade replaced the FreedomPop ROM with Sprint branding/settings and didn't want any more headaches without the FreedomPop ROM in case I had to reflash it.

Can any of the Admins point me to a FreedomPop ROM download?

Thanks...