**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

HTC Desire 510 better 4G LTE than HTC ONE M7

Kevin CausakKevin Causak Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I activated a new in box HTC Desire 510 a month ago and it's been working perfectly ever since but it only has 4GB of storage. The 510 is HTC's buget phone so I decided to upgrade. I bought a HTC ONE M7 32GB off of Craigslist and activated it a few days ago with no issues. The M7 seems to do everything very well except pick up 4G LTE as well as my Desire 510 picks up 4G LTE. Driving around town with both phones side by side the M7 is usually using 3G and occasionally 4G LTE while the Desire 510 is almost always locked on 4G LTE. In some areas the M7 fails to have enough signal strength on 3G to make a phone call while the Desire 510 makes the call with no problem. WHY? The M7 is supposed to be a high end phone compared to the Desire 510. Being a year newer does the Desire 510 have a more up to date 4G LTE radio that works better than the radio in the M7 or maybe my M7 is a lemon.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kevin Causak Most of the time newer phones have a newer Qualcomm LTE radio that gets reception much better.

If you're not picking up the best signal, try a PRL and Profile update while on WiFi :)
  • Kevin CausakKevin Causak Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried updating the PRL and Profile but no improvement. That must be it, the newer radio just works better in the Desire 510. Thank You!