Help taking Sprint S3 back to sprint

Hyoun JungHyoun Jung Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a used Sprint Galaxy S3 to try freedompop but I don't have coverage in my area so I had to cancel service. I want to sell the phone now but I want to make sure it can be activated on Sprint. I called sprint customer service and asked them to check if the esn is clear for activation and they said yes, but when I go to the sprint prepaid activation page it says there is a problem with the IMEI and that I need to call customer service. I read a little bit about having the phone pushed back to sprint by someone at freedompop. Can somebody please help me with this to get the phone ready for activation on sprint?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hyoun Jung I would recommend asking development to clear the IMEI from the activation database in order to activate on Sprint. After clearing it will take 2-4 weeks to activate.
  • mill_q_electronicsmill_q_electronics Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having a very similar problem. How do I go about asking development to clear IMEI from activation database. I really need to get my phone back to sprint.

Thank you.
  • Shaun CosgroveShaun Cosgrove Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I too would like to take my phone back to sprint but they told me that it was not possible to activate on their service.
  • Shaun CosgroveShaun Cosgrove Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I too would like to activate my phone on the sprint network again. How do I go about doing this?