Unable to answer calls or end calls, since last Messenger update (16.01.101.0327)

Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
I have 2 Galaxy S3's, phone1 was purchased November 2014, phone2 was purchased July 2014. Both phones are set up the same, have not had any significant problems with either. On March 26 I updated both phones with the Messenger update. The update for phone1 went as expected, everything works no problems. The update for phone2, well, something ... went wrong, don't recall any problems, oddities or anything. Now when I try to place a call on phone2, the keypad comes up, I enter the number press green phone icon and the screen goes blank, call in progress appears at top of screen but no GUI, no buttons to end the call or anything, If someone answers on the other end they can hear me & I can hear them, if I press the home the GUI flashes for maybe a second then goes away. I have uninstalled a few times, I have cleared the cache, I have cleared data. I am still able to send/receive text messages, I did however lose all previous text messages on phone2 during 1 of the uninstalls. I have also done a Profile/PRL update. When I uninstall the messaging app, it installs the version of the app that the phone came with, in my case it was 14.01.09.0807. After this uninstall to previous version the phone works as it did before. I had started a previous thread, and I don't believe I did a very good job of describing my problem, my apologizes. Does anyone have any suggestions, Would a MSL reset, then update the messaging app work ? thanks to all for any and all assistance.

Comments

• jtdetroitjtdetroit Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello need help I bought samsung galaxy s3 phone at xmas and another for sister we both have same problem when done talking on phone call I press big red button says end and it just blinks and doesnt hang up I have too turn off phone completely turn back on so I can make other calls its been doing it alot lately plzz help called got one issue fixed but indian guy didnt sound like he wanted to be on phone I felt pressured to end call so I didnt get chance to ask him I think his name was gelmar aquino or thats what email said anyway need help on ending call?.?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jtdetroit Have you tried force stopping and restarting the app?
    An MSL reset may be able to help however I'd recommend reinstalling to see if that can help your phone out :)
    Yeah sometimes I dont realize it didnt hang up and its still counting on length of call and I try pressing red button and it wont end call no matter how many times I press It so I just hold power button and press reset power
    No ali I have not thats the freedompop messaging app right? If so ill try it thanx I hope it works ill wait till it does it again cause I fixed the system update problem but thanx ill try
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    I have reinstalled a few times with no success but will again. I go to the app info page, tap "Force stop", then tap "Clear cache (this the new version I am uninstalling). next I tap "Uninstall updates". Messaging app Version 14.01.09.0807 is now installed. I open Messenger, it opens a "Setup" box and requests my email address to register my FP phone, I enter the email, app displays "setup is complete" and my phone number is shown, tap ok. I can now make and receive call as before no problems. Restart phone, open "Play store", tap my apps, tap update FreedomPop Messaging. Version 16.01.101.0327 i now installed, and back to same problem, no GUI when placing or receiving a call. Screen goes blank, then displays "call in progress", if I press the home key during this time, the GUI does appear but just for a second and can't use. Since phone works with older version and problem occurs when new is installed I think that during uninstall of new app some of it is not removed it is left and what is left some or all is corrupt. I do have my MSL and could do a reset, but am looking for a different solution. Any suggestions ????? Thanks to all. By the way the other phone works great, so far I like the new app.
  • James LummelJames Lummel Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
    The other thing to try is uninstalling the Messaging app, clearing the davlik cache (do a web search on how), then after a cold reboot update the app and see if that works.
    On today's episode of "History in a Nutshell":

"Global warming", or "climate change" as it's now called, was created when two politicians were sitting around one day having a brandy and brainstorming on how they could put together their next government funded project that would be a sure-fire way to win the next election at the taxpayer's expense when one of them said to other "Hey, wouldn't it be GREAT if we could figure out how to tax the very air they breath??" ('they', of course, being you and me). Well the other politician happen to be Al Gore and the rest is a matter of history....
  • Libin LiuLibin Liu Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    James, I have S4
  • Libin LiuLibin Liu Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have S4 from freedompop, after 3/28 I have exact same problem Michael has.Uninstall/install update several time, but no success.
    I have uninstalled (this puts version of app that came with phone) and phone works as it should. I update app, and back to problem. I cleared davlik cache and cache partition, problem still there. Any suggestions ??
    @ libin liu , did you have any problems during the first time you updated
    @Jay_FreedomPop
    Thanks for the info. My other S3 updated without any problems though, It is an older S3 ( ordered June 2014 received July 2014). The one we are having a problem with is the newer S3 ( ordered 10/31/2014 received it 11/3/2014, yes the date is right). Would an MSL reset correct, or should I wait and see ? Again I thank you and everybody else for the assistance.
    @Michael Gross At this point in time I would wait for a week and update and if it works let us know :)
    I havent had problem with that issue so far ever since I went to system update in my setting on phone and hit update prl, and update profile and reset phone so now I have one more problem to fix youll see the post soon when approved its about bad reception all time cut in n out everyone tells me and I have 2 phones accounts both same issues the one more the guy gelmar told me helpless info that dont match wanted me change default 44.100hz or something I posted it youll have go look and read im get fusterated I in have use my moms metro phone half time I live in michigan 5miles outside detroit
  • Robert GlassmyerRobert Glassmyer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @freedompop @Jay_FreedomPop I have posted on other threads where this has been an issue, now it's a huge one, I have three phones for my family and none of them can make a call, receive a call, or otherwise communicate in a real time fashion. Our dog was injured on a walk and my son couldn't get a hold of either of us aside from a phone ring an identity. On the bright side a 911 call did actually go through, because at the worse case scenario, EVERY device EVERYONE is holding in their hands is a life line for help, please don't put your customers on hold for a fix, there may be severe ramifications. The Samsung G3 branded freedompop phones are not acceptable, not functional, and shouldn't have to WAIT for fixes to be developed. I signed up as a customer, and even bought your product. I was left severely disappointed. If you can't keep my family safe while you wait weeks to push out a fix, I'm done. And any amount of searching here does absolutely nothing to provide for your cellular customers, there are billions of cellular consumers globally who don't need to "google" fixes for their "phones". It's a PHONE!
  • MhoskusbMhoskusb Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Michael Gross @Ali @Jay_FreedomPop Was the issue Michael had talked about fixed? I am still having the exact same problem with my LG Viper. It is quite annoying to have to code stop ever time I make a call. Been having this problem for a while. Any word on when it will be fixed or how i can fix it? Thanks.
    Yes, the issues have been taken care of. Now using messaging app 16.01.181.0502. As I said, I have 2 S3's and 1 ZTE, all three running quite well, I have changed the settings in Audio and Network to those posted here in the forum but they always revert back to original settings and phones work well with those 'default" settings. Which are Audio: Codec bitrate limit 128, Codecs; all are checked except SILK 1600, speex 1600, speex 8000, PCMA 8000. NETWORK - the only thing checked is enable puysh notifications, SIP port to use is set to -1. All the phones quite well, however I do live in a Sprint LTE area.