**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need help finding MSL...

Daniel MonkDaniel Monk Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Is it possible for an admin to email or pm me my MSL so I can try to update my Profile and PRL?
I cannot do it from the "Settings -> Update Profile/PRL/Firmware" menu.
The error 67 has not shown up in a few days, but I still am getting "Authentication error."
I don't have private wifi, other than XFinity local wifi or my college's wifi.
My MSL is not showing up on my "My Account -> Devices" page.

Best Answer

Answers

• KELLIE LARUEKELLIE LARUE Posts: 148FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Hey @Daniel Monk. Go and download MSL Utility on the GP Store.
    The NeXus Evoluzione B)
  • Daniel MonkDaniel Monk Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    None of them seem to work with the Viper.
  • Bryan HendrixBryan Hendrix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    my lg viper works after a ##72786# reset with msl AND making sure the SIP port in use is 5060 and NOT -1. I have no function on the loudspeaker while in a call. The earpiece works fine with a little chop and echo even though echo cancellation is checked. CODEC Bitrate set at 128 k and all codecs are checked/selected. Yes, I made sure I have the latest freedompop 'messenger' app, make sure my google play is the latest version and connected -- why this is required as seen in other forum discussion - I do not know. I let the phone update the PRL, profile, and firmware after it reset upon entering the ##72786# command on the phone dialer. I have noticed in the past prior to my '##' reset that the 'SIP Port in use' have the ability to reset itself back to -1 after every call. Still waiting for this to occur. Going to power off and power on the viper to see if the "SIP Port in use' has changed on it's own. If it does - does the admin and programmers need to create yet one more version of the 'Messenger' app by FreedomPop??
  • Bryan HendrixBryan Hendrix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Okay, update after 10 minutes .... I powered off and back on. Noticed the green check mark is not there. Went to and clicked on 'Refresh Activation Data'. I then checked on the "SIP Port to use". I noticed it was back to -1. I was slightly unhappy and thought for sure no incoming calls again - for the 38th time, no incoming calls. I decided to call the FreedomPop number and was surprised. Yes, an incoming call even though my 'SIP Port to use' was not changed from -1 to 5060. Amazing. Err, maybe not considering the Viper needed a MSL reset and I had to call customer service for the MSL. I then waited two hours for the MSL to appear on my Devices portion of the FreedomPop 'My Account' page. The fight and frustration to make a phone work like it is supposed to ....still looking at the energy and time used with the 'Forums' 'Discussion' here as well as the wait time upon calling customer service.
  • Don  CorriganDon Corrigan Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I never got my email for my MSL.... How long will that take?