**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Slickdeals: 16GB iPhone 5 LTE only $199.99 + Free Shipping!

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
edited June 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

Launch Great Apps Fast:

Apps launch quickly and run smoothly on the iPhone 5, powered by the device’s dual-core processor. Apple’s App Store stocks more than a million apps to download, including ones for entertainment and productivity alike.

Powerful Camera:

The 8MP iSight camera captures high-resolution still shots, so users are always ready to capture candid moments and special occasions. It can also film in 1080p full HD at 30fps for footage that’s clear even on a big-screen HDTV.

Free FreedomPop Service:

FreedomPop frees users from the tyranny of expensive monthly plans and unbreakable contracts. Their plans can be canceled at any time, and the phone comes with a free plan that offers 500MB of data, 500 texts, and 200 anytime minutes each month. We also offer paid plans if you need to upgrade your service.

Specifications:

• iPhone 5
  • Product number: A1429
  • 4” Retina display
  • 16GB
  • Dual-core 1300MHz processor
  • 8MP iSight camera films in 1080p full-HD at 30fps
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • Dimensions: 4.87”x2.31”x0.30”
  • Weight: 3.95oz.
  • Condition: certified pre-owned
  • 90-day warranty
  • Extensive physical damage check
  • Comprehensive functionality
  • Thorough data wipe and factory reset
  • Advanced radio frequency tests
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015 #2
    Helł yes, this is great! Folks don't pass this deal up since it's too awesome to pass up!
  • Dylan WatersDylan Waters Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Does this guarantee to work with freedompop?
    Last Iphone 5 I purchased did not. It was this exact same model.
    I don't want to hit and miss with a bunch of 200$ phones only resell them.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dylan Waters Of course, this will definitely work on FreedomPop :)
  • SuzysandiegoSuzysandiego Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Bought this one also. Will it come with any chargers or cords? Got this one specifically to go with all my other new FreedomPop gadgets. Going all in, boost my confidence when all works together!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Suzysandiego yes our iPhones come with chargers :+1: Tell us about your other FP gadgets! :)
  • Jason OrrJason Orr Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered this deal yesterday. I have seen the pending charge on my credit card, but received no information or confirmation emails, even in my spam folder. Is this normal?
    @silence I will be glad to take a look into your account and will keep you updated here :)
    @Jorge M. Thanks so much! I appreciate the help, I'm excited to check out FreedomPop!
    @silence As we are excited to have you with us! I just checked with our shipping department and they advised me to let you know that you should be receiving a confirmation email by today :)
    @Jorge M. That's great news, thanks for looking into this so quickly! I guess I had just assumed the email would be an automatic one. :)
  • Bradford LermanBradford Lerman Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Anybody know if the Freedompop Ipad mini will go on special too? or if other tablets will be sold by Freedompop? Thanks.
  • grac4grac4 Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there any difference in buying this from slickdeals or one from ebay with a clean esn to use with my present freedompop account?
  • PhilWangS3PhilWangS3 Posts: 75FreedomPop Newbie
    If you buy a used phone, you will probably have to buy a Sprint SIM for $20 and then pay $20 fee for BYOD... that is assuming it will activate... there are recent issues (started mid Feb) with activating Sprint phones on Sprint MVNO like Ting and Freedompop... supposed to be better now but I have not heard an all clear yet.

If you buy from the Groupon, Woot, Newegg deals, those are ready to go. No hassle.
    It's hard to decide because of the issues but on ebay you know it will arrive quickly and their are some in great condition. My ZTE had a bad battery so money was invested also but it never has a great call quality. I was told the iphone 5 has much better reception which was my reason to consider the purchase. Confusing to know the best choice! I did run the esn and it came back good on Swappa and Ting Thanks for your response
  • SuzysandiegoSuzysandiego Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Still have no word on the slickdeal iphone 5 purchased & paid for 2 weeks ago. No "yes we got your order"; no "yes we got your payment" (which they did cuz they received the $$ per bank); no shipping date or tracking #; NO NOTHING! Dealing with Amazon or Ebay and MOST OTHER ONLINE sites follow through with this basic information & confirmation. Slickdeals has left me out if the loop..... How does one get through to them? What is the connection between FP & Slick? Thought I purchased phone through FP, but Slick is part of the deal. It's time to cancel my "free trial if FP service but haven't gotten the equipment to use FP. In addition, my FP LTE 500 MIFi got cancelled. Yep, frustrated!
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie

How does one get through to them?

You have to call them and sit on hold for a long time. From what I've experienced shipping new products is always VERY slow. I'm sure you see the same thing if you read some of those Slick Deals threads. I think Freedompop is the only group for you to contact, Slick Deals is just an advertiser of the offers.
  • James LummelJames Lummel Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
    I received my iPhone yesterday from this deal (ordered April 7th). My account showed the phone was still in kitting and the phone itself didn't have mobile data working, so I called in to FP support. The CS took the vital config data from the phone and said they would get back to me.

A few hours later I received the shipping notice for the phone with a tracking number, and going online I found that the account now had the iPhone information in the device section and showed the phone active.

So I tried it again and everything is working fine now!

So for me that was a 2 week turn around on the phone, not FP's best but a far cry from their worst!
    On today's episode of "History in a Nutshell":

"Global warming", or "climate change" as it's now called, was created when two politicians were sitting around one day having a brandy and brainstorming on how they could put together their next government funded project that would be a sure-fire way to win the next election at the taxpayer's expense when one of them said to other "Hey, wouldn't it be GREAT if we could figure out how to tax the very air they breath??" ('they', of course, being you and me). Well the other politician happen to be Al Gore and the rest is a matter of history....
    I did buy a iphone on ebay, received it today and everything activated easily with my new account. I liked picking the color and condition of the phone and I got one with a otterbox case. It looks brand new, no scratches or scuffs. I paid $152 for the phone and the case and $20 to activate the phone but got a free month of service. So my total cost was $172 and I got the phone in 3 days from the seller. Maybe I was lucky it all went so easy. I did notice the iphone 5 has a much better signal strength then the ZTE Force did in my location. Now maybe I can use this service as I had hoped :)
This discussion has been closed.