**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Want to get credit when swapping from my mifi 4082 to a mifi 500 LTE

Bin_WangBin_Wang Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I bought my mifi 4082 device in May 2014 and have used the upgraded 3G plan for a while. Recently, I found there is a mifi 500 device which supports 4G LTE and I want to swap to it. I definitely know that I'm not qualified to receive a full refund because it's been more than 30 days from my purchase.

I sent a email to [email protected] on Mar. 17, 2015 to ask for a swap from my mifi 4082 to a mifi 500 LTE device. SIX days later I got a response from a representative whose name is Damilola that I can get a $50 discount to do this: the original price of mifi 500 LTE is $189 and I only need to pay additional $189-$50 = $139 plus shipping $9.99.

But when I check the price on www.freedompop.com I find that the sale price of mifi 500 LTE is just $139. This means I don't receive any credit from the swapping. Then I emailed back on Mar 23, 2015 to the representative about this and asked for a re-calculation of the final price I need to pay for the swapping. Unfortunately, I haven't received any response.

I also reflect this problem by a link from [email protected], which was asking for a rate, but up to now there is no response.

Is there anyone in the Freedompop team who can really help a customer like me? I'm still looking forward to your reply before running out of my patience. Thank you!

Comments

• comintelcomintel Posts: 310FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Bin_Wang

You're not going to get anywhere on the $50 rebate because it applies to the retail price only. Basically, just forget using the upgrade rebate - it is useless. There is no point arguing with them about it.

You can get the Mifi 500 from FreedomPop under $70 via Ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Free-Internet-FreedomPop-LTE-Hotspot-MiFi-500-/141495920903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f1d06907

That is as cheap as you will find it for now.

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Egg has offered it below $100 several times. I think I recall a $79 24 hours special once. In case you don't like dealing with eBay. Or don't want to mess with a 'used' refurb.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias (16th) @comintel @Bin_Wang I actually saw a deal here for the 500 LTE for $45. I also saw the 803s for $35 too. Between the two I'd recommend the 803s since it is a bit more reliable when establishing a connection in my testing.

If I get more details, I will follow up and let you all know :)
  • Bin_WangBin_Wang Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks a lot for both of you. Comintel and Rich!
    Ali said:

@Rich Sias (16th) @comintel @Bin_Wang I actually saw a deal here for the 500 LTE for $45. I also saw the 803s for $35 too. Between the two I'd recommend the 803s since it is a bit more reliable when establishing a connection in my testing.

If I get more details, I will follow up and let you all know :)

However you have no access to band 26 and band 41 on the 803S. Band 26 is for wide-area and in-building access and band 41 is for high speed access in more populated areas.

But yes, there is currently a reboot loop bug in the mifi 500 that you have to take a number of steps to work around so only people who are following that issue closely should order it. People who want simplicity should order the 803S.
    New Egg has offered it below $100 several times. I think I recall a $79 24 hours special once. In case you don't like dealing with eBay. Or don't want to mess with a 'used' refurb.
    NewEgg's ~$70 specials were also for refurbs only. They sell both new and refurbs at two completely different price levels.

As to "dealing with eBay", I may not have made it clear that the Ebay seller in this case is FreedomPop itself, not a third party seller. You are buying directly from FreedomPop, just paying via Ebay. No bidding is involved either - it is "Buy it Now".
    Using Ebay is just a way for FreedomPop to sell at a lower price to price conscious buyers. Plus doing so adds the Ebay guarantee to the transaction.