Galaxy Note 2 phone ID issue & text loss.

Mindy MachanicMindy Machanic Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Got an unrefurbed "certified factory refurbished" Note 2 from FP via deal with Woot. Still had some old data, apps & defaults set, so it obviously wasn't "factory refurbiushed." (And a couple apps were Euro apps.) Activated OK with my new number, updated PRL & profile, & system. Problem is that no matter what I do, the phone status info still shows the former owner's sprint ID & phone number, & when I manually change to the correct voicemail number, the system changes it back. Tech support by phone said, "it's activated, shows your number, don't worry about it." But what about voicemail? And e-911? Why can't it show my info on the phone info page? It also says it's on Samsung network - huh? And in spite of having supposedly synched with my other phone's Google account & had downloaded my contacts & texts, suddenly it gave me the new texting app & all my texts disappeared, including one from FP cith correct voicemail number.

I think I should either get a replacement completely "certified factory refurbished" Note 2 or the one I have should be fixed over the air to show correct phone info & voicemail numbers. In either case, why is this happening & why did my imported & new texts disappear? I sent a series of texts to FP yesterday about this, more & more annoyed. On top of learning "unlimited data" isn't actually unlimited as advertised, this ID thing on the not-refurbed phone is making me think about sending it back for a full refund c& canceling my account!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your phone number, if it is the 500, 533, 566, or 577 number it is your EIN or MSID and shows as your number but isn't related to your stuff. Voicemail and calling are through FreedomPop's apps so you should be fine there.
  • Mindy MachanicMindy Machanic Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks, it's a 577 number. I don't see my EIN or MSID shown anywhere. But I had to input the correct voicemail number because the one showing was not correct, but it immediately went back to the one there before, different from what the FP text (that disappeared with all the ones I imported) said Voicemail number should be. Now I can't find where that VM setting number was! Just *86. So I'm confused.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @Mindy Machanic could you please confirm that you are using the FreedomPop Messenger app to make calls/texts and also have our Voicemail app installed as well, thanks :)
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mindy Machanic Like Jorge said, you need to use the FreedomPop voicemail and Voice apps to make and receive calls. The 577 number is your EIN and isn't the previous user's number.

Be advised that since all calls are VoIP the standard phone apps don't work and you'll need the FP apps.