**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Free/shared data credited to freedompop app rather than my MiFi

Richard YaoRichard Yao FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
My free/shared data is being credited to the freedompop app rather than my MiFi device. How do I resolve this?

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Yao How many devices do you have on file?
  • Richard YaoRichard Yao FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    Just my mifi device and the FreedomPop iOS app.
    This is still unresolved. I called again about this today and was told it would be escalated. I then received an email saying to change my password to fix it, which is absurd. How can I get someone capable of understanding this problem to help me?
    This problem is still not resolved. I tried calling about it again after it caused my account to be suspended because earned data was on the app rather than the hotspot. It took a while to convince the technical support agent that there was a problem. After I managed to get him to somewhat understand, he found a few support tickets from my previous complaints.

One said that I had to fix it by editing the device list in the freedompop interface. Unfortunately, I had done that long before I called to complain, it was ineffective because the device list only applies to my web browser's session (logging out and logging back in resets it) and it was recommended despite repeated attempts that I does *NOT* work.

Another had someone internally say to credit free data to my MiFi device, which he did. I then asked if he could *remove* the app from my account because while I use it, I don't want it to be credited with my earned data in place of the MiFi. He then escalated this to someone who told me to change the password on my MiFi device, which is completely tangential to my problem.

What will it take to get earned data credited to my MiFi device?

P.S. If anyone from freedompop's engineering team reads this, here is what you need to know. The problem can be reproduced by the following steps:

1. Make an account through the app.
    2. Get a hotspot.
    3. Earn free data.
    4. Observe in the account overview for the app that free data has appeared there and observe in the account overview for the hotspot that no free data has been credited.

The problem is in the code that determines which device receives earned data. Add logic to select an actual device over the app when choosing the device for which earned data is credited. Better yet, make this configurable and either enable people to change it via the web interface or document a procedure for technical support to change it so that they can operate by script when a user calls with this problem.