Freedompop Premium Voice

marlonsitomarlonsito Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4. On the activation I selected the Freedompop Premium Voice service. I have been doing some testing of the service. In my house I usually have 3g with either two or three bars on the signal. I made some callings to test the phone while the phone is on 3g. I can't really know if the call is going thru the data or the cellular voice but the call quality is not good. I am getting a lot of latency and people can't understand what I am saying. Is there any way to know if the call is going thru the cellular voice?

Are there any settings to do to improve the call quality? Thanks.

Comments

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    When you go to the Messaging application, what is the version?
    After you update the PRL and Profile (probably under Settings, and System Updates), turn off WiFi and Mobile Data and try to make a call. If it goes through, the Premium Voice is working (and you probably have the latest version of Messenger that wasn't available for existing customers the last I checked). If the call doesn't go through, and it says there isn't a data connection for the call, then you don't have the proper Messaging application.

If you don't have the new version hopefully an admin can tell you how to update it. Since you're a new customer (or at least a new phone and account) you should be eligible for the Premium Voice feature.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now the app update hasn't been released just yet but will be soon to enable this feature :)
    @Ali I think the blog post said it should be available for new customers, so I'm wondering why it isn't working on @marlonsito device.
    @olrs Currently FreedomPop is facing a little bit of legal issues in terms of taxes that hasn't been worked out. Once it is the app update will be pushed.
  • marlonsitomarlonsito Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Please let me know when the update is available and the instructions of how to install it.
    @Ali Shouldn't it already be installed on @marlonsito 's device? If it had the Premium Voice option on the sign-up page, and they say it is available for new customers, I would think it should be on there.

@marlonsito I'd recommend asking an admin on here to see if they can help you. If it isn't available for new customers like the blog posts says, maybe they can update the blog post.
  • UndineUndine Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Interested to see what's happening with this. I got a phone for a family member last week right after Premium Voice went live (Freedompop branded...got it from Tanga) and also signed up for a free trial of it when I activated the phone. Not sure how to tell that we HAVE the service though...I did try to connect with the data & wifi disabled and the call wouldn't go through.
  • marlonsitomarlonsito Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Olrs:

I select the Premium voice option. They gave me a month free but not being able to test it because is not available. I hope after is available I get the free month. I am on the unlimited everything plan and I read on the news that it is going to be included on the unlimited everything plan at no extra cost. So I am a little confused here because on my account it says that it cost $2.99.

Can you tell me how I can ask an admin person? Do I need to pm one of the staff?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jay_FreedomPop this is good question. Can you officially validate the REAL answer of above question on Premium Voice ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @marlonsito Premium Voice isn't included with unlimited everything. We apologize for the misinformation.
  • NewS4NewS4 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Is this feature released yet? I can't find this app on Google Play. Please help.
  • Jason OrrJason Orr Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there any ETA for premium voice on iOS?
  • James StephensJames Stephens Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, I am looking forward to it being enabled on iOS.