**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

cant activate my phone to make calls

phone keeps looking for user and then says I need a phone number, I have a freedom pop phone number on my account it says the phone is activated, but I cant configure it to make calls and messages, help me please

Best Answers

Answers

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you try reinstalling the app? Also are you on the latest version?
  • 8977 Manning8977 Manning FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 50
    @Virginia Villalobos which FP app are using, the MyFreedomPop or the Messaging app that is blue in color?
  • Virginia VillalobosVirginia Villalobos FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    after reinstalling now it has someone elses name and plan on freedompop message, even though i am signed in with my email at gmail, maybe my phone needs to be reset by admin? i havent been able to use my phone for calls/texts and my days for the month are being used up, without me being able to use this phone.
    please help me with this issue as i need my phone and my billing cycle to be adjusted based on when i will be able to use the phone??
  • KELLIE LARUEKELLIE LARUE FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    @Virginia Villalobos try what @Ali said first. Then try a factory reset. This worked for my friend's ZTE force
    The NeXus Evoluzione B)
    I tried that I updated profile and prl, also uninstalled app and reinstalled and update now its says internal server error...then keeps cycling..
    I think the problem may be that i already got my freedompop phone number on the site before i received my phone??
    freedompop messaging, blue in color, I am trying everything, but also I don't want to mess anything up further than it already is..
    ok I was on the phone with tech support, found out I was sent the wrong phone as the meid # doesn't match the device that was supposed to be sent to me...on hold forever, got disconnected, call dropped...still not getting through... I need some help to get this corrected as I really need my phone and don't have any money for shipping this one back, hopefully you all could send my correct phone with a shipping label so I can return this one and start my billing cycle when I get my phone?? Please help, Thank You, Virginia
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make more sense if an admin could make the MEID yours and get the server setup to work with that phone that you have now.
    They should also look up your MEID that you have to see who was supposed to receive it. They need fixing up, too.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I hope it can be done that way, thank you, I am still trying...waiting for response of PM to admin
    thank you soooo much :3
    thank you so much!! I will be right here!! :'(
  • Walter HillWalter Hill FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I have a Model SPH-L300 Samsung Victory 4G LTE that I received from Freedompop Last week. The first day i called tech support and setup the phone. I put it away for a week. Today I can not call or receive calls. I get a message Unable to register with current wifi settings. Try truning off wifi. I went through update the phone settings. I found that on the about device there is a different phone number. I could not get through to tech support. I waited on hold for an hour and use cut off. I need help.

Tom
  • ctone52ctone52 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I cant make or receive calls or text my phone keeps saying contact customer support to activate it was working fine until this what can i do to fix this problem i have been calling no one picks up
  • Tracy CollomTracy Collom FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I recieved my Samsung victory phone last week. Finally got it working for a while. One morning I turned it on and had ablue Emergency Call screen.
    It will not move. Can get no other screen, even after removing battery and then speaking with support for over an hour. Finally the support tech decided he had enough and told me my problem would be elevated to # 2 level and I would recieve an email with step by step instructions within 24 hours to fix problem. Now it is the day after the 24 hour period. No such email. Still waiting and cannot us my phone. Any help would be appreciated!