No LTE on my Galaxy S3

Daniel NatanDaniel Natan Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I bought this phone straight from FreedomPop and noticed I have never gotten an LTE connection on it. Sprint is my main carrier and I know when I'm in a LTE area. Upon further investigation I've seen that my iccid is listed as unknown in the phone settings. Is this why I haven't ever connected to 4g? Has my phone been defective since I received it from you? Thanks for taking the time to look at this

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @Daniel Natan can you please PM your account email so we can take care of your ICCID issue? Thanks!
  • Daniel NatanDaniel Natan Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    sent
    I feel like I've been really patient here. What's the hold up? Can I get a response please on what's going on? It's almost been a month without an update.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @Daniel Natan I apologize for the delay, I will have an agent take a look into your lack of LTE on your S3 :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015 #7
    @Daniel Natan
    It will probably be better to send Darla_A a followup PM. Go to your inbox and find the last PM to Darla then add a new message to that PM thread.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    @djinks Darla wouldn't receive a PM as admins are not using the PM system for support anymore :+1:
    I got a response asking me for my iccid which i stated i do not have (shows up as unknown) in my original post yesterday. Awaiting another reply.
    @Daniel Natan
    You will not get LTE without a SIM. You can get one from Sprint if you still have an account there. Ting also sells them for about $9 plus shipping. Make sure to get the right model for your phone. SIM model numbers are listed in here:
    http://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6319/freedompops-supported-byod-list-sprint-apple-devices-dated-2-20-2015
    There is no SIM card in the galaxy s3 that is user accessible. It's built into the device.
    edited May 2015 #12
    @Daniel Natan
    You are correct but the ICCID will still show up under Settings->More->About Phone->Status. If it is not showing, there is something very wrong. Have you flashed a modem or ROM file on this device? On my S3, the ICCID shows up even if I am in Airplane Mode or with Network Mode set to CDMA only.
    correct, this is why i had assumed that they sent me a defective model when I saw that it showed unknown. I'm generally a power user when it comes to phones. The stock rom that came with it has not been updated and it shows up as unknown. I am reaching out in hoping that they'll be able to do something for me since I bought it directly from them if they can't fix it on their side (which I had assumed was a hardware defect).
  • WUYI  LIWUYI LI Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
    There is not big difference between Sprint LTE and 3G.