**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

a few USB Stick questions

Shawn FarnellShawn Farnell Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Trying to activate an older device (Ubee Stick), and have factory reset multiple times using both the IP address 192.168.14.1 and hard reset on the device. LEDs still cycle, and device apparently is searching for network, even though the location has very good 4G coverage. My questions: What's the latest version of Mac OS X known to work with this device? Is the device too old to be activated? The link on this site for the user guide is broken. Curious to know more about the IP Pass-through and NAT modes. I'm trying to activate on a laptop.

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Shawn Farnell
    The USB model is a 4G Wimax or 4G LTE device? 4G Wimax and LTE technologies are different. Is the device compatible with the 4G coverage at you location?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Shawn Farnell
    To check yout 4G coverage in your area please check the sprint coverage in your area at http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov. Enter your area coda and click on the data tab. You can then check to see what type of data coverage you have.
  • Shawn FarnellShawn Farnell Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks very much, djinks, I didn't think of that. In the web browser settings for the device, it just says "4G" without any qualifier. Searching the web, though, everything points to the device being Wimax only. So that would explain why it wasn't working in the middle of Sprint's 4G coverage. It needs "the other 4G"...
    Well, that and probably an earlier version of Mac OS X.
    Thanks again. You rock.
  • Ruth MellenthinRuth Mellenthin Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Ubee stick but with Windows8. I have connection problems OFTEN bbut have good sprint coverage