Supported Phones: When will my phone be supported?

Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
If your phone is currently not eligible for BYOD, there could be a few reasons as to why it hasn't gone through.

The first culprit is the Sprint Financial Eligibility check. This normally fails and causes an error to an otherwise eligible device however the rule of thumb is to wait 30 days for the device to be out of service to activate again. You can get more information here: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/8007/supported-phones-my-device-didnt-pass-a-financial-eligibility-check-now-what#latest

If you have a device that should pass the FEC check but it isn't compatible, don't worry. Development works really hard to add a lot of phones every 6 months to the official list to ensure that they're compatible. If your phone doesn't work right now, check back in a few weeks. They'll eventually be added to the list for activation!
You can get more info here - https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/4646/supported-phones-what-phones-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod-update-02-20-2015#latest

If you have any further questions about if your phone will be compatible soon let us know in the comments section below so we can address them!

Comments

• jbmixjbmix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    edited April 2015 #2
    sorry.. posted in wrong thread.
    Post edited by jbmix on
  • PhilWangS3PhilWangS3 Posts: 75FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, is the Sprint iPhone 5S 64GB supported?
  • elliotelliot Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I was wondering if the Kyocera Echo is supported or when it will be. I put in the esn and it took me to activation page but I haven't payed to activate it yet.
  • wboromanwboroman Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I would LOVE to get a Sprint BlackBerry Q10 on FreedomPop. I could run the Android app for calls and texts. Any plans to support the BlackBerry Q10 or should it work now?

Thanks!
  • Ron LTE VOICE SIMRon LTE VOICE SIM Posts: 262FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015 #6
    Any news on adding the HTC One MAX? It's a bit long in the tooth now, but it's a great phone that came out about the same time as the original One M7 that is supported...

@Ali @Jorge M.
    Post edited by Ron LTE VOICE SIM on
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elliot If it goes to activation it's supported!
    @PhilWangS3 Yes, it is a supported device now!
    @wboroman Unfortunately Sprint blocks MVNO's like FreedomPop to activate blackberry devices!
    @Ron Lunsford As of right now there aren't exactly any official details however they may be supported soon!
  • Ron LTE VOICE SIMRon LTE VOICE SIM Posts: 262FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    @Ali Amazingly enough, I am now FP'ing from a brand new beautiful Spark LTE HTC One Max! Yesterday the device was coming up rejected in the system when I entered the MEID. @Jorge M. was nice enough to shoot me a few messages back and forth while I had Sprint chat on the line. The device was passing at Ting and Ring Plus, so it didn't make sense that there was a problem with it on FP.

When Jorge M. ran it, it failed due to a "Financial Eligibility Date not met (13)" error.

I then got a CRAZY idea... I had been entering the MEID on the FP page. I switched up to from the HEX to the DEC just to see what would happen. When I put in the DEC, a secondary bar popped up and wanted my UICC as well. I punched in the SIM number and waited for the reject, but that didn't happen.

As of about 4:00 yesterday, the device was activated and working pretty well. There are still some data drops occasionally, but I don't blame the phone or FP for that, I think that's a Sprint issue in my book. So far so good. Now I just have to complete my phone number round robin to see if I can get everything where I need it to be!

Thanks for being so AWESOME QUICK with responses though! It is VERY MUCH appreciated by everyone here! :+1:
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ron Hotmail - GS3 Awesome to hear! Sorry that this took long but I am glad that this worked out for you :)
  • Patrice FabrePatrice Fabre Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Any idea when the Nexus 6 will be supported?
  • rodril3rodril3 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there an outlook for galaxy note 4 support?
  • Lisa ShelkeyLisa Shelkey Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I really like the service but I need to upgrade phones will the XGODY 2G/3G 5.5" Android 5.1 Quad Core Dual SIM Cell Phone Smartphone Unlocked be supported it's kinda hard to get numbers to know if the device is supported before wasting money buying phones
  • JeanieWiltJeanieWilt Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hey Lisa, I just got the xgody phone and have ordered the sim card. I will let you know when it gets here if there are any issues.
  • JeanieWiltJeanieWilt Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    My Xgody x11 is working fine.
  • nicholaspayton15nicholaspayton15 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    So u bought a xgody x11 and a freedompop sim global sim card so did it work
This discussion has been closed.