**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why when I call people does their caller id show me as "Anonymous"?

blossom82828blossom82828 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hi!
When I call out on my ZTE Force, the people on the other end tell me that the caller id they get shows "Anonymous".
How may I correct that? Is it something I can do on my phone or is it something that needs to be set by the carrier (as I have seen for AT&T/Verizon)?
Thanks!
Vicki

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that someone will come along & correct me if my knowledge is off here, but my understanding is that the caller-id name comes up as something along the lines of Anonymous / Unknown / City, State when the carrier of the receiving number doesn't have a name associated with your number in their caller-id database. What exactly comes up depends on the receiving carrier - I typically see City, State when I call my home landline from my FreedomPop phone.

If your phone carrier is one of the major carrier companies (AT&T, Verizon etc), then your caller-id name usually makes it into the caller-id lookup databases, but typically doesn't for many VOIP carriers like FreedomPop, especially if on free/budget type plans.