**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

giving out data. I have the1999 plan

Tracy L BozemanTracy L Bozeman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 23
I have peiple asking me for data. And I would live to but I dont think i can do that.can someine help me

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting question.
    Try giving some to someone. Do you get an error ? Or a pop up but screen is darkened ? Then you can't. If you do give away some and no error or dark screen, let us know here.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • RichardDellRichardDell FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I remember doing that the month my ZTE Force was on the 19.99 plan ... worked both directions. Interesting concept, I presume that you need to have enough of the 1 Gig (plus 500 MB from Friending) pool of High Speed data left. It did not seem to interfere later in the cycle when I burned through the High Speed data to get to the 3G and test residual 3G speeds.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015 #4
    @tracyboz66
    visit your account online-and than go to the share data tab

http://www.freedompop.com/share_data.htm

next on the box that say (Add Freedom Friends to Share Data) on the same page...click Share Capacity-

It should give you a list in that box with all your freedom Friends....Pick the friend you'd like to give data. Click Give---a pop up will show in the middle of the page.

There are a few limitations to giving. You can only give one time per calendar month to the member you pick. You can only give 20/50/100mbs. You are only allowed to give 500mbs a calendar month. If the person you are giving data to has already hit there maximum, you wont be allowed to gift. If you try and gift and the page goes dark or you get a pop up explaining why. Try giving to another member.Its 500mbs even with the 19.99 plan...

I wrote a post a few months back about the limitation...take a quick peek when you get a chance.

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5422/tips-tricks-of-the-freedom-friends-get-an-exrta-500-mb-a-month-the-limitation-of-gifting#latest

hope this helps, and feel free to @ sign me if you have anymore questions.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Tracy L BozemanTracy L Bozeman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 23
    Tty for all the good advice.and u r right I cant give out but 50 or 500 then it pops up that I cant. I wish my hot spot would hqve worked.I ordered it ane it wouldnt work on tab or computer uhggggg!!!! I reaklly like freedom pop though Awesome
  • Fustete FusteteFustete Fustete FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 22
    @njfulwider5 @Ali

Good day, njfulwider5.

Earlier on this thread you said "You can only give one time per calendar month to the member you pick. You can only give 20/50/100mbs. You are only allowed to give 500mbs a calendar month."

It has been suggested on another thread that the limitation applies to "plan month", rather than "calendar month".

Did you mean to say "plan month"?

If not, on what do you base your "calendar month" assertion?

Thank you.
    --
    Fustete
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fustete Fustete
    I Pulled the info over from Freedompop's Support pages when I posted that. It is based on Your plan Start date plus the calendar month.

If your start date is the 21st of July---It starts over or rolls over on the 21st of August.....Reason we put Calendar Month---some months have 30 days-31 day or Feb with 28....So Confusing...LOL :)

Hope that made sense.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that up @njfulwider5 :)
  • Fustete FusteteFustete Fustete FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 22
    @njfulwider5 @Ali

@Fustete Fustete
    I Pulled the info over from Freedompop's Support pages when I posted that. It is based on Your plan Start date plus the calendar month.

If your start date is the 21st of July---It starts over or rolls over on the 21st of August.....Reason we put Calendar Month---some months have 30 days-31 day or Feb with 28....So Confusing...LOL :)

Hope that made sense.

Hello and thank you, njfulwider5.

With all due respect, it makes absolutely no sense to me (even when I wear my obtuse logic hat). :)

As you know, a calendar month starts on the first day of the month and ends on the last day. To refer to a time period that may not end on the last day of a month as a "calendar month" is quite a strectch.

"Plan month" or, perhaps, "subscription month" with an explanation that, unlike most other prepaid "cellullar" plans, FP's plan always starts on the same day each month.

That's it.
    --
    Fustete